Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skoxilinx
Visitor
Visitor

Spartan IIE programming in Windows 10

Jump to solution

Hi

The company currently has a product with a Spartan IIE inside. We program it via a batch file calling commands from ISE 10.1 on an XP computer. The XP computer is now being changed to Windows 10. Is there a replacement for ISE10.1 which runs on Windows 10 and programs the Spartan IIE, the latest version only seems to do Spartan 6?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bpatil
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @skoxilinx,

Last ISE version that supports Spartan IIE is ISE10.1.03i.

You can install ISE 10.1 in windows 10. Steps are provided at https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html

Regards,

Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bpatil
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @skoxilinx,

Last ISE version that supports Spartan IIE is ISE10.1.03i.

You can install ISE 10.1 in windows 10. Steps are provided at https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html

Regards,

Bhushan

Regards,
Bhushan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
skoxilinx
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you so much Bhushan for you fast reply I shall try this over the weekend

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
skoxilinx
Visitor
Visitor

Hi

I have tried your suggestion and the software installed without any problem. Unfortunately when I try to us a Xilinx Platform Cable USB II it comes up with the following error

"WARNING:iMPACT:923 - Can not find cable, check cable setup"

Am I missing something in the install?

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
bpatil
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @skoxilinx

In Device manager check for drivers for platform cable USB II installed correctly or not?

Check following link to resolve your problem: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Configuration/Platform-cable-usb-II-driver-for-windows-10/td-p/699459

Regards,

Bhushan

Regards,
Bhushan

0 Kudos
skoxilinx
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Bhushan

Thank you ones again for your fast response, I have looked at the drivers and they seem OK. As none of this software is supported on windows 10 I am going to get the company to consider it a legacy product and keep the XP machine for programming Spartan IIe devices. As the machine is not networked I don’t see his as an issue. Thanks ones again for your help.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos