Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
korayk
Visitor
Visitor

Sytnhesize does not work

Hello everyone.

We purchased an FPGA board (vc707). When I try to synthesize the design it gives following error;

[Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7vx485t'. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance...

After that I tried to redeem the voucher came with the board but, it is an invalid voucher.

When we contacted the firm we bought the board they asked Xilinx and Xilinx replied as we do not need the voucher and recommended downloading the Vivado is enough.

I am not sure whether it is enough for Virtex-7 devices or not. My design for ZYBO Z7-20 works fine.

So, I would like to ask you what should I do to use Vivado for vc707?

Do I need the voucher? This device is just purchased how can the voucher be invalid?

Why Xilinx does not just provide a new voucher and free us from waiting?

Thank you in advance.

Koray 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

Did you buy the board from an authorized Xilinx distributor? 

korayk
Visitor
Visitor

No Bruce we did not. 

0 Kudos
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

If you did not buy from an authorized distributor, there is a possibility that the license voucher was already redeemed.  The Virtex is not a web pack part.  You may need to look into buying a license.

joancab
Teacher
Teacher

@korayk I'd suggest you grab that "supplier" by the neck or better, more sensitive appendices, to renegotiate the price or a full refund as what you have is a board you can't use without paying for a license.

0 Kudos
korayk
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks @bruce_karaffa. It seems so.

0 Kudos
korayk
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the reply @joancab. I believe Xilinx can find out who used the voucher. Is it possible? 

0 Kudos
joancab
Teacher
Teacher

Not sure of that. The most they could know is an IP or a network card serial number. Rest of details can be fake. And even though they may not be allowed to disclose that under GDPR. Not a lawyer but I think if one has such vouchers and are legally entitled to resell them, they are also responsible for keeping them safe and making sure they are valid.