cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rharker
Visitor
Visitor

TEMAC Evaluation License is the Wrong Version

I'm using Vivado 2017.4.1 and am trying to use the AXI 1G/2.5G Ethernet Subsystem to communicate with an SGMII gigabit PHY, but I'm having issues with the evaluation license.  I have both the "LogiCORE, Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC" and "LogicCORE, Tri-mode Ethernet Media Access Controller" evaluation licenses installed (they both show up in the license manager), but when I reset and generate the IP output products, I still end up with Design_Linking licenses on bd_db91_mac_0.  Both the eth_avb_endpoint and tri_mode_eth_mac license features are Design_Linking. 

Do I need to do anything past adding the evaluation license via the License Manager?   It almost seems like the project isn't pulling the license from the manager.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kmorris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @rharker, could you check your license files to make sure that you meet the minimum version limit and that the license hasn't already expired? For the tri_mode_eth_mac feature, you need to have at least a version limit of 2015.04 or newer inside your license file to use the evaluation license.

Also, when you open the configuration for the IP, on the bottom left of the window, it should show what state your license is in, and should say "Evaluation License Available".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
nupurs

@rharker

Can you please run this command in Vivado tcl console and share the env.txt file: report_environment -file env.txt

Also, sharing the license file will be good.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @rharker,

Are your IP core licenses in the .Xilinx folder?

If so, I would also suggest opening your Vivado License Manager and setting the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to point to this .Xilinx folder, so that Vivado could see where exactly to look for these licenses and your bitstream should be successfully generated then*.

* BTW, since your current netlist was generated without a valid license for these IP Cores, then please be aware that once the above is done (i.e. Vivado can now detect your license files (to check this, once Vivado is re-opened, run report_ip_status Tcl command and then see if instead of Design_Linking, you now see Hardware_eval)), in order for these licenses to be able to be correctly detected, you'd then need to right –click on these IPs (or in this case if it is a Block Design, then do this on the BD instead) and do 'Reset Output Products' first and then, once done, Regenerate Output Products, as this is necessary to reset the old licensing info in the netlist.

Otherwise, without reseting and then re-generating your output products for these IP cores, your bitstream will continue failing, as the current netlist contains incorrect licensing information.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos