UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Tri mode mac ethernet licence

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to interface the SGMII IP with the Trimode MAC IP for the VC707 FPGA card

I opened for both IPs the example design and took all the vhdl modules  of the TRI mode MAC example design and added them to the project containing the example design of the SGMII IP .

I connected both design.

Implementation works fine, but i have this error for the bitstream:

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
U_tri_mode_ethernet_mac_0_example_design/trimac_fifo_block/trimac_sup_block/tri_mode_ethernet_mac_i/U0/tri_mode_ethernet_mac_0_core (tri_mode_ethernet_mac_0__tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0_10)
If a new IP Core license was added, in order for the new license to be picked up, the current netlist needs to be updated by resetting and re-generating the IP output products before bitstream generation.

I tried to fix the issue doing the following:

To fix this issue, follow the steps below:

1. In the Project Manager Window click on the IP sources tab.
  2. Select all IP that were affected by the newly installed IP license.
  3. Right click on the IP and click Reset Output Products.
  4. Select all IP that were affected by the newly installed IP license again.
  5. Right click on the IP and click Generate Output Products.
  6. This will update the netlist file with the new valid license file information.
  7. Generate bitstream.

But the error remains

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Tri mode mac ethernet licence

Jump to solution

Hello again @mildredhayes,

It looks like Vivado is struggling to detect the location of your license file.

Can you please open vivado and do report_ip_status and then see if you now see Hardware Eval across this IP or still, Design_linking?

If design_linking, this means Vivado doesn't know where you've stored this license. Yes, VLM and Xinfo can see this license, however Vivado - doesn't.

As a test, please move this  license to e.g. C:\Xilinx folder, then open Vivado License Manager (VLM) and set your XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE to point to this folder:

XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C:\Xilinx

Then close and re-open Vivado, so that a new lic gets detected, and then do the report_ip_status and see if Vivado can this time see this license or not?

You currently have your license in the location such as this: C:\Users\kais.chehida\AppData\Roaming\XilinxLicense

In your user name, there is a dot ('.') included. I am not sure if Vivado struggling to reach this location due to this?

Perhaps you can test this out before doing the above, i.e.:

Set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C:\Users\kais.chehida\AppData\Roaming\XilinxLicense and then close and re-open Vivado and then do the report_ip_status and see if Vivado can this time see this license or not?

If not, then set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C:\Xilinx and test again.

Let me know the output please. Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
16 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mildredhayes,

If your IP core is part of the IP Integrator Subsystem (Block Design), then you will need to force a clearing of all the IPI outputs and regenerate.

Please check this AR# link for that:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57264.html

Thanks,

Raj.

Jump to solution

Hi @mildredhayes,

Please share the license file (.lic) of this IP to evaluate. 

Also run "report_environment -file <filepath>/env.txt" in tcl console and provide env.txt to evaluate. 

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Here is the env.txt

I couldn't send the Xilinx.licit is said that .lic cannot be sent via the forum attachments

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
I created an empty folder in my porject and added a new project specific repository with the path of my empty folder. Is that what i have to do? I then checked that my two Ips were up to date : then i reset the output and regenerated them , but the error remains
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@mildredhayes

In the shared env.txt, I see that you have Design Linking license with which you cannot generate bit file.

Capture.JPG

Do have a purchase license of this IP? If yes, did you set the license file in manage license tab? 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/38293.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @mildredhayes,

Going through the environment file, it seems like you do not have bought or hw evaluation license for tri mode ethernet MAC. 

Hence, you need the evaluation license from https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/temac.html

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Actually i bought a VC707 FPGA card, i thought that the license given with it included the license for the IP tri mode  MAC ethernet

Do i need to buy another license?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @mildredhayes,

Please note that you'd only get a licensing voucher with the kit for Vivado tools, i.e. a device locked Vivado license file, locked to this particular VC707 device.

No IP Core licenses are provided with this kit.

Therefore, if this is not for a production but for testing purposes only, as provided by @hemangd in the post above, you can just obtain a Hardware Evaluation license for this IP Core (Free of charge) and use this and this will eliminate your licensing issue then.

"A LogiCORE IP Core Full System Hardware Evaluation license enables you to run through the entire design flow, including implementation, simulation, and bitstream generation. However, the generated bitstream contains circuitry that disables the design after two to eight hours of operation at the typical clock rate for the core. The actual duration of the operational period varies on a core-by-core basis. To start the device working again, you must reload the bitstream (reset or reprogram the device)."

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I don't understand because i allready used the SGMII ETHERNET IP with the license of this Kit and i had no problem for generating the bitstream.

Which license should i get (see picture)

Thanks for the useful help.

license_tri_mode_mac.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @mildredhayes,

All of the free or no charge licenses are available under the ""Evaluation and No Charge Cores" section. If you click on Search Now button, and search for 'tri-mode', here you can find this license then. Hit Add, and this license will then appear for you under the Created New Licenses tab, at the bottom of the list. 

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Yes it's what i did but amongst the 5 license available for the tri mode mac ethernet, i don't know exactly which one to choose for the VC707?

Option 6,7,8,9 or 10?

license_tri_mode_mac.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@mildredhayes, generate both, #6 and #10 . I believe #10 is all you need, but not aware of #6. So, select them both and generate the license then.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Thank you
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I have dowloaded new license and loaded it with the vivado license manager.

Then i again reset the output of the IPs and and generated them again

But i still see the same error:

I see this in the env.txt

| tri_mode_eth_mac             | IP:Hardware_Evaluation | 2019.10 | 15-feb-2019 | 17-Oct-2018 | Nodelocked              | Uncounted |            | DISK_SERIAL_NUM=5dc71f0f | Yes             | The license for this core was generated for mildredhayes on 10/18/2018It is the responsibility of the Licensee of this core to adhere to all terms and conditions of the applicable license agreement when using this core. | Xilinx Inc                   | 113           | Okay             | Not Applicable  | C:\Users\kais.chehida\AppData\Roaming\XilinxLicense\Xilinx2.lic   | License_Type:Hardware_Evaluation;mildredhayes,tri_mode_eth_mac,ip,evaluation,_211516477_0_0_022           |
| tri_mode_eth_mac             | IP:Hardware_Evaluation | 2019.10 | 15-feb-2019 | 17-Oct-2018 | No

And also this

| tri_mode_eth_mac             | IP:Design_Linking      | 2017.11 | Permanent   | 14-Dec-2017 | Nodelocked              | Uncounted |            | ANY                      | Yes             |                                                                                                                                                                                                                             | Xilinx Inc                   | 22            | Okay             | Not Applicable  | C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.4\data\ip\core_licenses\Xilinx.lic          | License_Type:Design_Linking;ipman,tri_mode_eth_mac,ip,permanent,_0_0_0                                    |

I attached the env.tx

I don't know how to add the right version of tri mode mac IP i still see the one the designlinking license:

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello again @mildredhayes,

It looks like Vivado is struggling to detect the location of your license file.

Can you please open vivado and do report_ip_status and then see if you now see Hardware Eval across this IP or still, Design_linking?

If design_linking, this means Vivado doesn't know where you've stored this license. Yes, VLM and Xinfo can see this license, however Vivado - doesn't.

As a test, please move this  license to e.g. C:\Xilinx folder, then open Vivado License Manager (VLM) and set your XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE to point to this folder:

XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C:\Xilinx

Then close and re-open Vivado, so that a new lic gets detected, and then do the report_ip_status and see if Vivado can this time see this license or not?

You currently have your license in the location such as this: C:\Users\kais.chehida\AppData\Roaming\XilinxLicense

In your user name, there is a dot ('.') included. I am not sure if Vivado struggling to reach this location due to this?

Perhaps you can test this out before doing the above, i.e.:

Set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C:\Users\kais.chehida\AppData\Roaming\XilinxLicense and then close and re-open Vivado and then do the report_ip_status and see if Vivado can this time see this license or not?

If not, then set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE = C:\Xilinx and test again.

Let me know the output please. Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thanks it worked!

0 Kudos