Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marvinscheinbart
Explorer
Explorer

Trimode Ethernet MAC with a Microblaze

Jump to solution

All:

I generated a MicroBlaze block diagram with an Tri-Mode Ethernet core.  Everything goes fine until I try to generate a bit file.  I get the below Critical Warning.  I made sure the AVB function was not enabled in the Tri-Mode Ethernet controller.  I've reset and re-generated output products a few times.  I'm not using this feature, I can't figure out why I'm getting this warning.  Any ideas from the community.  I'm using Vivado 2017.4

Thanks,

Marv

[Vivado 12-1790] Evaluation License Warning: This design contains one or more IP cores that use separately licensed features. If the design has been configured to make use of evaluation features, please note that these features will cease to function after a certain period of time. Please consult the core datasheet to determine whether the core which you have configured will be affected. Evaluation features should NOT be used in production systems.

Evaluation cores found in this design:
    IP core 'mb_subsystem_tri_mode_ethernet_mac_0_0' (mb_subsystem_tri_mode_ethernet_mac_0_0_block) was generated with multiple features:
        IP feature 'eth_avb_endpoint@2015.04' was enabled using a design_linking license.
        IP feature 'tri_mode_eth_mac@2015.04' was enabled using a bought license.

Resolution: If a new IP Core license was added, in order for the new license to be picked up, the current netlist needs to be updated by resetting and re-generating the IP output products before bitstream generation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sgeorgi_sen
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I have the same critical warning but bitfile generation works well, as long as I have a valid license during bd generation. The avb feature seems to be a submodule within temac, which has to be licensed separately. As long as the feature is not used, there should be no problem.

I think, you can safely ignore this critical warning.

This is a part of my implementation report:

CRITICAL WARNING: [Vivado 12-1790] Evaluation License Warning: This design contains one or more IP cores that use separately licensed features. If the design has been configured to make use of evaluation features, please note that these features will cease to function after a certain period of time. Please consult the core datasheet to determine whether the core which you have configured will be affected. Evaluation features should NOT be used in production systems.

IP core 'edk_bs_axi_ethernet_0_0' (bd_c7ac) was generated with multiple features:
        IP feature 'eth_avb_endpoint@2015.04' was enabled using a design_linking license.
    IP core 'bd_c7ac_mac_0' (bd_c7ac_mac_0_support) was generated with multiple features:

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sgeorgi_sen
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I had the same problem once: I use a USB dongle for licensing and during block design creation my dongle was not connected, therefore the license not valid. It seems, that Vivado stores the license-is-missing information already at this point. Thus, cleaning output products does not help.

My suggestion: close Vivado, make sure, that your license of the trimode Ethernet MAC is valid and sufficiently up to date (License Manager), and create a new project from scratch including bd generation.

Hope that helps.

Have fun,

Sebastian

0 Kudos
marvinscheinbart
Explorer
Explorer

Sebastian:

I have a valid up-to-date license for the Tri-Mode Ethernet core.  My problem is that there is an AVB (Audio/Visual Bridge) core somewhere within the design that I need to disable, if I can find it.

Your suggestion is a good one.  Recreating the MicroBlaze block diagram seems like a good next step.

When I fix the problem I'll post a reply with information on how it was done.

Marv

0 Kudos
sgeorgi_sen
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

I have the same critical warning but bitfile generation works well, as long as I have a valid license during bd generation. The avb feature seems to be a submodule within temac, which has to be licensed separately. As long as the feature is not used, there should be no problem.

I think, you can safely ignore this critical warning.

This is a part of my implementation report:

CRITICAL WARNING: [Vivado 12-1790] Evaluation License Warning: This design contains one or more IP cores that use separately licensed features. If the design has been configured to make use of evaluation features, please note that these features will cease to function after a certain period of time. Please consult the core datasheet to determine whether the core which you have configured will be affected. Evaluation features should NOT be used in production systems.

IP core 'edk_bs_axi_ethernet_0_0' (bd_c7ac) was generated with multiple features:
    IP core 'bd_c7ac_mac_0' (bd_c7ac_mac_0_support) was generated with multiple features:

View solution in original post

marvinscheinbart
Explorer
Explorer

Sgeorgi_sen

Thanks for the information.  From your post it sound like I should be OK.  I'll leave the design as it stands now.   If it doesn't work I'll investigate further.

I'm going to close this forum case.  If during debug it doesn't work I'll open a new forum thread.

Thanks,

Marv

0 Kudos