UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie ranorris

Trying to create an Install_Config.txt file for silent install of Vivado Design Suite 2019.1

Jump to solution

I am trying to generate an "Install_Config.txt" file to automate teh Vivado Design Suite 2019.1 installation.  I found from documentation that the command line is "xsetup.exe -b ConfigGen" but when i try to execute that as the SYSTEM account (or as a local administrator) nothing happens, the app doesn't even open or attempt to open.  I tried using "--b" as well, and then the installer launched but never prompted me to enter the path for the "Install_Config.txt" file.  What am i doing wrong?  Or is this a problem with this version of Vivado Design Suite?  Maybe i'm not going far enough into the install for the prompt?  I'm afraid i'm going to go too far and the install is going to start.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trying to create an Install_Config.txt file for silent install of Vivado Design Suite 2019.1

Jump to solution

Hello @ranorris ,

Batch Mode Installation Flow can be found here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf, page 46.

Here you can see that you need to use xsetup.bat and not xsetup.exe:

image.png

Can you please follow these steps and let us know if you can install Vivado in the batch mode by following these steps?

If you have any questions on the above, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Trying to create an Install_Config.txt file for silent install of Vivado Design Suite 2019.1

Jump to solution

Hello @ranorris ,

Batch Mode Installation Flow can be found here: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2019_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf, page 46.

Here you can see that you need to use xsetup.bat and not xsetup.exe:

image.png

Can you please follow these steps and let us know if you can install Vivado in the batch mode by following these steps?

If you have any questions on the above, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie ranorris

Jump to solution

The Vivado installation doc I found online did not specify .bat, it just said to run "XSETUP -b ConfigGen", so I appreciate the help and clarification.

0 Kudos