UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Trying to obtain a Hardware license for XUPV5-LX110T Evaluation Platform

Highlighted
Visitor

Trying to obtain a Hardware license for XUPV5-LX110T Evaluation Platform

Can find location where to access a Hardware License

The Project Navigator works fine but when I try to implement a design I get the following:

ERROR:Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this architecture.

Help

Please!

Xilinx Employee

Re: Trying to obtain a Hardware license for XUPV5-LX110T Evaluation Platform

Hi @gusmtz,

Check in your Xilinx license management tool if you can see the license. If yes could you share a screenshot?

Regards,

Florent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark an answer "Accept as solution" if a post has the solution to your issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xilinx Employee

Hello @gusmtz,

Please note that you'd need an ISE related license in order to overcome this licensing error at the MAP stage. There is no longer ISE Evaluation license available, therefore you'd need a full ISE license. 

When you purchase a Vivado license, an ISE license comes with this license (not in the Vivado license itself, but as a separate license altogether) for free. 

Therefore, in order to obtain an ISE license, you'd need to purchased a Vivado license and with that, you'd receive an ISE license of the same edition for free, that will be added to your  licensing account. 

If you have any questions on the above, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Visitor

I do have a ISE related license

I am a Graduate student at CSULA

I was a Summer Intern at NASA and was working on a project which called for the use of an FPGA

Im now working on my Thesis based on an FPGA project

The Xilinx board was donated by Xilinx to CSULA as part of the University Program

My professor asked me to try and resolve this issue by contacting Xilinx

The Xilinx web site is not too friendly

He wanted me to ask what we need to do or provide, under the University Program, in order to have the board be useful again - not obsolete!

If we cant resolve this issue with Xilinx then our other option may be to switch to a "more friendlier" Altera program.

Thank you very much for your time.

Gus Martinez

Xilinx Manager Screen shot.PNG

From the screen shot I am assuming you should have ISE Webpack license only. To confirm this, please share your license and xinfo with us.

Also, create an example design and choose any part under Webpack from this matrix document, run implementation and tell us if you see any error or not.

Xilinx Employee

[ Edited ]

Hello @gusmtz,

Please note that you are using the device XUPV5-LX110T that is not supported by ISE WebPACK license. You'd need a full ISE license for this. 

Have a look here: 

https://www.xilinx.com/publications/matrix/Software_matrix.pdf

From here you can see that from Virtex-5 FPGAs, the only supported parts of LXT are: XC5VLX20T and XC5VLX50T. LX110T isn’t supported by ISE WebPACK. Therefore, a full ISE license is required here.

As you are from a University and as you’ve received this board from XUP (Xilinx University Program), please contact them (xup@xilinx.com) and see if they can do anything for you in order to provide you (donate perhaps) a full ISE license. Please note that for any technical related issues, XUP is your first point of contact. They will be or should be able to help you to get this issue resolved.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anatoli