Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doc_3
Visitor
Visitor

[URGENT] Error installing Xilinx ISE 14.7 on windows 10

Jump to solution

Hi, below is the error message that I got while installing ISE. I had Oracle VM installed before, then I unistalled it as the wizard suggested that I should install it through the exe. However I unistalled it, and this error pops up everytime. Urgent due to have to use it to simulate an assignment due by the end of week.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

0%...10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%...100% Interpreting C:\Users\james\Desktop\Xilinx_ISE_S6_Win10_14.7_ISE_VMs_0206_1\ova\ISE_S6_VM.ova... OK. 0%...10%...20%...30%...40%...50%...60%...70%...80%...90%... Progress state: E_INVALIDARG VBoxManage.exe: error: Appliance import failed VBoxManage.exe: error: Cannot register the hard disk 'C:\Xilinx\14.7_VM\vm\ISE_S6_VM.vmdk' {39a84a94-dd65-4f42-b704-02a8a0517560} because a hard disk 'C:\Xilinx\14.7_VM\vm\ISE_S6_VM.vmdk' with UUID {ba9a1afb-5620-433a-a71e-ac99cfd388a7} already exists VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057), component ApplianceWrap, interface IAppliance VBoxManage.exe: error: Context: "enum RTEXITCODE __cdecl handleImportAppliance(struct HandlerArg *)" at line 886 of file VBoxManageAppliance.cpp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bricenott

I managed to fix the problem, you have to delete a folder in /users/your user/program data/virtualbox (hidden). After that you should be able to install without problems. Seem like when you unistall virtual box there are some leftovers that interfere when installing back. 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
anatoli

Hello @doc_3 ,

You may need to download the latest Windows version of VirtualBox from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Please see if the solution in this Answer Record can help you with your issue:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/70239.html

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
doc_3
Visitor
Visitor

Tried it, still the same error. It is weird because everytime the error pops up it aborts the installation but however another message pops up and say that some files couldn't be removed and asked me to remove it manually (Whatever it is refeencing to it is not clear).

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @doc_3 ,

You can try to find on Google "How to Fix VirtualBox UUID already exists Errors" and you should find a few suggestions then on how to overcome this issue.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @doc_3 ,

Were you able to "Fix VirtualBox UUID" error you saw when installing ISE tool?

If so, would you be able to share your workaround that helped you to overcome this issue, as this would be useful in the future for other users with the same issue.

We appreciate your help regarding this matter.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
bricenott

Hi did you fixed this? I have the same problem.. Please...

0 Kudos
rtuinila1

I'm having the same problem. From what I understand it is a very common problem! One that is common enought that I would think that a company that is concerned with the customer experience would devote a person and some time to figure this out and update their installation instructions.

And if a tech support person replies to me that I should "check here and there and maybe I might find something that might help then get back to them with the answer" they should never expect a kudo!  

0 Kudos
bricenott

I managed to fix the problem, you have to delete a folder in /users/your user/program data/virtualbox (hidden). After that you should be able to install without problems. Seem like when you unistall virtual box there are some leftovers that interfere when installing back. 

View solution in original post

Tjx

I have the same problem - would you be more explicit in which folders exactly to delete,

thx

0 Kudos
Tjx

Hi I have exactly the same issue with files couldnt be removed message - did you manage to fix it, ?

thx

t

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @Tjx ,

Since this topic is closed now, please open a new topic on your issue, referencing this closed Forum thread in your new topic, and we be able to help you with your issue then.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
ryanr08
Visitor
Visitor
I don't see any folders in that directory.
0 Kudos
Ashutosh

I have the same issue. Does your problem solved?

Please reply back. 

0 Kudos