cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nosam
Visitor
Visitor

USB FLEX ID dongle - where can I get this for Xilinx Design studio for node-locked licensing

Jump to solution

Just bought two Vivado HL Design Suite licenses and want to use the USB dongle to node lock the license, but I cannot seem to find the hardware "USB FLEX ID dongle" anywhere.  Dongle fullfillment at revenera thinks it might be this: 

FLEXNETID-ALA-8626

Can anyone say for certain?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @nosam 

I suspect you want to lock your node-locked licenses to a Dongle-ID, If yes then, A dongle is just an actual transferable ID (Dongle's Host ID) (and not a memory USB stick), e.g.:

ansarimo_0-1615961395628.png

When you'd be generating your node-locked license, you'd then select and specify Dongle's Flexid for this license. See the below AR for more details:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42410.html

That way then you'd be able to transfer this dongle together with your license from a PC to a PC and Vivado will then be able to detect and use this license on your different machines. 

Well, typically, FLEX licensing works as long as the dongle is recognized on the system.

Also, Xilinx no longer sells Dongles, Dongles can be purchased directly from Flexera.

For additional information or to order dongles, please contact Flexera.

Flexera's Dongle request e-mail address is: flexid@flexerasoftware.com

Xilinx supports USB dongle licensing on Windows platforms only.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
watari
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @nosam 

- Did you install USB driver ?

- What OS are you using ?

- Did you make sure USB device list ? ex. Device manager in Windows. lsusb command in Linux.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
nosam
Visitor
Visitor

I am trying to purchase the dongle, but I don't know which one to buy, and so that is the question.  Hardware question - I need a "special" dongle right?  So is there a part number or something to buy the darn thing?

0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @nosam 

I suspect you want to lock your node-locked licenses to a Dongle-ID, If yes then, A dongle is just an actual transferable ID (Dongle's Host ID) (and not a memory USB stick), e.g.:

ansarimo_0-1615961395628.png

When you'd be generating your node-locked license, you'd then select and specify Dongle's Flexid for this license. See the below AR for more details:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42410.html

That way then you'd be able to transfer this dongle together with your license from a PC to a PC and Vivado will then be able to detect and use this license on your different machines. 

Well, typically, FLEX licensing works as long as the dongle is recognized on the system.

Also, Xilinx no longer sells Dongles, Dongles can be purchased directly from Flexera.

For additional information or to order dongles, please contact Flexera.

Flexera's Dongle request e-mail address is: flexid@flexerasoftware.com

Xilinx supports USB dongle licensing on Windows platforms only.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ansari Hunen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos