UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Unable to uninstall Vivado 2014.3.1

Highlighted
Visitor

Unable to uninstall Vivado 2014.3.1

I am trying to uninstall all of my previous versions of Vivado and when I try to uninstall 2014.3.1, the Vivado logo comes up on the screen but then it just closes and nothing happens.  I have tried running as administrator, I have opened a console and ran "xsetup -uninstall" from the installed directory, nothing is working.  Is there a tool or a way to remove this version of the software, completely remove it, from my computer?  I want to do this so I can do a clean install of the version I am going to be using.

Re: Unable to uninstall Vivado 2014.3.1

you can manually delete files from installation directory . I think with administrative privilege with full access you should able to remove the xilinx tools .
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

Hi @polorboy

Try  manually deleting  the Xilinx folder from the Vivado installation directory C:\Xilinx\Vivado. Also remove any related files from the App data. 

C:\Users\athandr\AppData\Roaming\Xilinx

C:\Users\athandr\AppData\Local\Xilinx

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @polorboy,

Did you check the task manager to verify if the uninstaller is closing/crashing or is still running in the background?

Regards,

Prathik

@polorboy,

If the methods for uninstalling are not working, I guess you need to manually delete all executables and temporary files related to Vivado. You can start by uninstalling Vivado from Control Panel.

Then delete the temporary files and shortcuts.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the star mark).

Hi @polorboy,

Did you manage to move forward with uninstalling the tool or does the problem still persist?

Can you please share some update on this?

Regards,

Prathik