Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Unexpected exception ... code: Badrequest when downloading Xilinx 2018.2

Hello!

I tried to download Xilinx 2018.2 and was greeted with this friendly message (First picture).

The other 2 related posts don't apply because a) I'm not using a proxy and b) Vivado doesn't start downloading at all. 

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

John

Error Message.PNG
DL1.PNG
DL3.PNG
DL4.PNG
DL5.PNG
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sirdalton,

Could you have any blocking anti-virus or firewall software? It is recommended that this be disabled during the download and install if the web installer has issues.

Also have you re-tried the webpack download in case this was a bad request?

Thank you,
Devin

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @sirdalton,

Were you able to resolve your issue at this stage?

FYI - Unexpected Exception for: https://xilinx.entitlenow.com/wi/v1/downloadlink, code: BadRequest error is normally seen when there is an OMS problem, i.e. the DNS resolution to the servers is having problems, and this does impact the ability for Xilinx customers to reach the licensing, downloading etc. sites. 

Perhaps that was the case the other day? Are you still seeing the same error now?

Can you confirm on this please? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @devinl,

Thanks for your input - yes I did disable my firewalls and anti-virus while I was trying to install the package.

To your second point, I opted to download and install simultaneously (vs. downloading then installing). 

When the HL webpack started to download, I got the bad request error.

Thank you!

Warm regards,

IM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you @anatoli for your comment - yes, I'm still seeing the same error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @sirdalton,

What exact OS are you running this on?

Also, can you please try running the web installer using "run as administrator" and then see if you still seeing the same "badrequest" error or not?

This behaviour can also occur when the system date and time are not set correctly on the machine.

Correcting the date and time of the system should prevent this problem from occurring.

This behaviour has also been seen on machines where the time displayed on the screen was correct but the time zone was wrong. After correcting the time zone and rerunning the installer, the downloader should work correctly then.

Can you double check on this please?

If this not the case, please check and see if  xinstall.log file is getting created for you? If so, please share this with us for examination, as it will contain some additional info on what is causing this behaviour.

The log file looks something like this, e.g. xinstall_1527750154232.log. This file should be located under the location such as this, e.g.: C:\Users\user_name\.Xilinx\xinstall

Can you check and see if this file got created and if so, share this with us for examination? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@anatoli I'm running Windows 10 Home (Version 1803). I did try running "as administrator" but was greeted by the same error message.

Also, I checked the system date, time, and time zone. They are all correct.

I could not find the xinstall.log file. Under the Xilinx folder, I have two folders (xinstall and downloads). Downloads is empty and the xinstall folder's contents are shown in the picture below.

What should I do next?

Thanks!

NoInstallFile.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @sirdalton,

Thanks for letting me know.

Let me to investigate further on this error and get back to you then with some further suggestions.

For now, please try downloading a single file download (SFD) directly from the Xilinx Downloads page (here is the link to it https://www.xilinx.com/member/forms/download/xef.html?filename=Xilinx_Vivado_SDK_2018.2_0614_1954.tar.gz), rather than using a webinstaller and you should then be able to install 2018.2 that way without any issues.

However, we should still continue investigating your "code: Badrequest" with webinstaller, and i hope it is OK with you to participate in helping out with this problem, as there not that many people who'd reported this behaviour (with a valid solution found), so it would be ideal to figure out an actual root cause of the issue.

If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @sirdalton,

I've actually just realized that you've checked the wrong xinstall folder/location.

You've checked this under C:\Xilinx\.xinstall folder, however "xinstall_xxxxxxxxxxx.log" location is under  C:\Users\user_name\.Xilinx\xinstall, e.g.:

3.PNG

Can you please navigate to C:\Users\user_name\.Xilinx\xinstall and see if you can locate this file, as this will/should give us more/additional info of an actual root cause of the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hey @anatoli,

There are no Xilinx files in that area. I was only attempting to download it onto the C drive.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @sirdalton,

Thanks for letting me know.

We just had another request with the same error reported to us and in this case, the user has stated that this particular user, who sees the below error, had a co-worker to try exactly the same installer on the same machine, but using his (co-worker’s) Xilinx username and password, and this was successful.

That indicates that it is definitely a problem with that particular user’s account and not an OMS problem.

Are you even able to download a Single File Download directly from Xilinx Downloads page? If so, is the installation successfully done for you now using SFD?

Anyhow, we are still investigating why this error is seeing for you using webinstaller, with your User ID and Password.

As a test, do you have a co-worker who'd be able to try with his/her User ID and Password on your machine where you see an issue and see if the same issue seen using different log in credentials?

Can you confirm on the above please? Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @sirdalton,

I believe we may have found the reason for this error.
We have done some changes to your profile, so can you give this another try and see if you still see the same error or not?
Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hey @anatoli,

I saw the email but haven't tried the changes yet. I'll inform you when I do.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

I got exactly the same error today. Does this also has something to do with my profile? 

Kind regards,

Niek 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello n.dekoster@student.fontys.nl,

The reason why you are seeing this error is because you have activated your xilinx.com profile but you haven't completed it fully yet.

Many fields in your profile are empty:

16.PNG

Due to this, that is the reason why webinstaller can't verify your profile, and due to this, it then errors out.

Anyhow, please update your Xilinx.com profile with all of the required info in all of the fields, save the file and then try again and see if you can now proceed without any errors.

Here is a direct link for this: https://www.xilinx.com/myprofile/edit-profile.html

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

@anatoli Please i am a student and i just bought artix 7 fpga yesterday now i want to download vivado but after alot of tries i am still getting same error as you can see below:

Error%20Message.pngmy profile every thing is correct no fields in profile are empty or incorrect i am prom pakistan and its in D cateogry after i look into  AR#44043 but i need vivado please activate my account so i can download vivado please

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @adikhan123 ,

Unfortunately, due to strict internal export control policy, it is no longer possible to maintain an online account in some E or D category countries.

If the country you are in is a D category country, that is the reason for this error and Xilinx Export Compliance won't be able to unblock your profile.

For more info, please go through the link below.

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/2255-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file

Since you are from a university, please contact your Professor and see if they have an alternative way of obtaining the required software for you.

Your professor can also contact Xilinx University Program and see if they can do anything for this situation.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

I am also getting the same error while downloading. When I was trying to complete my profile, I get an error like this. Please tell me what to do. I live in INDIA.

Thanks

xylinx.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @hsg027 ,

Thanks for letting us know.

Your account should be re-activated now. Please try again and let me know if you still seeing the same error or not?

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, thank you for your response. That issue has got sorted now. Thank you for your help.

Harshit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

I have the same issue in the download page Xilinx_error.png

which I think is causing also the issue with the badRequest during webinstaller downloading part.

I am from Mexico, can you provide some guidance for solving this?

Regards,

Xilinx_error.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Did you solve your problem Or still facing??
0 Kudos