Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
se31berg
Visitor
Visitor

Uninstalling Vivado

Hello

I would like to uninstall Vivado Design Suite 2016.2. I think I am running Ubuntu 17

I've checked all of the threads available here and none of them seemed to work for me. When I navigate to /opt/Xilinx there is no .xinstall there. I don't know what to do. When I try to locate .xinstall using the terminal it says it's in /home/Xilinx/.xinstall/. When I try to navigate here I cannot find .xinstall within the directory.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
prathikm

Hi @se31berg,

>>When I try to locate .xinstall using the terminal it says it's in /home/Xilinx/.xinstall/.

What happens when you run this in terminal ?

<install_path>\.xinstall\Vivado_2016.2\xsetup.exe –Uninstall

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
se31berg
Visitor
Visitor

In /home/Xilinx

It says command not found.

0 Kudos
se31berg
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
prathikm

Hi @se31berg,

Try sudo ./xsetup -Uninstall

Regards,
Prathik
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos

tessitd
Explorer
Explorer

All,

The correct answer on a Linux System is:

cd <INSTALL_ROOT>/.xinstall/<VIVADO_VERSION>

Note that is a ".xinstall" directory with a "dot" in front if it.  It should be there if properly installed.

sudo ./xsetup -help

This will give you a list of available commands, it MIGHT be possible that the "execute" permissions bit is not on xsetup so you would need to change the permissions.

To complete an uninstall you would do:

sudo ./xsetup -b Uninstall

Thanks,

TomT...

markcurry
Scholar
Scholar

Linux tools (thankfully) don't involve Windows-like sillyness of registry files and other junk.  The following will "uninstall" Vivado:

rm -rf $INSTALL_ROOT/Vivado/$VERSION

If you installed SDK:

rm -rf $INSTALL_ROOT/SDK/$VERSION

Use sudo as appropriate.

Why complicate something simple?

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Nmoellers
Visitor
Visitor

Removing the files will get rid of most of the data but some metadata in hidden files will be left behind. So if you ever want to reinstall Vivado, the proper scripts will need to be used (xsetup -b uninstall). 

Nick

| Nick Moellers | FAE | Silexica, Inc. | n.moellers@silexica.com | https://www.silexica.com |
| Request a live demonstration of SLX FPGA High Level Synthesis tool here |