UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Update: Reed-Solomon encoder v9 error with evaluation license

I'm the FAE supporting the customer that posted this thread in August:

Reed-Solomon encoder v9 error with evaluation license

.  The customer tried the workaround that was suggested, and was unsuccessful.  However, even if the workaround had been successful, this would not be an acceptable solution.  Automated scripts are being used to create the Sysgen model, and the Reed Solomon blocks are configured and instantiated on-the-fly.  Black boxes cannot be configured.

The IP licenses and the Vivado license are in the same license file. We have verified that the IP license is valid in a Vivado flow.  In a Sysgen flow, the netlister works if there are no IP cores.  This indicates that sysgen is finding the license file.  However, when IP is added, the netlister runs, but errors out on the IP license.

You stated that this is a known issue - is there a different workaround that will allow the IP to be used in an automated/scripted Sysgen flow?

jd
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Update: Reed-Solomon encoder v9 error with evaluation license

I believe it should work as tested by other customers. Are you able to generate IP in Vivado design flow. License check only happen during core generation . So when you generate core successfully you should able to integrate in sysgen . can you please share test case to reproduce this issue (you Vivado design block imported in sysgen). For your question about sysgen license not working please share your license file through mail . We will review your sysgen license.

Please provide list of tools you are using at your end and make sure you have all the compatible versions .

Here is list of supported matlab tools
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55830.html

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

@jdehaven

Can you please share the license files and the env.txt generated from running this command in tcl console:
report_environment -file env.txt

I believe the customer is using Vivado 2016.1 and is able to generate the IP in Vivado, but not in Sysgen. Please correct me if i am wrong. 

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Nupur,
You are correct. Vivado 2016.1 is being used. IP generation works in Vivado but not is Sysgen. I will have the customer share the license and evn.txt files.
John
jd
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Some additional information from the customer:

I decided to do some experimentation this morning. I changed the device to a Virtex 7 and it actually netlisted successfully! I then changed the device back to the one we use (Kintex UltraScale xcku115-1-cflvd1924), and it failed again. After that I attempted to do a sysgen netlist of a variant of the part we use (Kintex UltraScale xcku115-1-cflvf1924) and it netlisted successfully. For some reason there is something about our particular fpga device that sysgen doesn’t like. This has to be a sysgen bug, doesn’t it?

Thanks,

John

jd
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It seems this is bug  in the sysgen tool . I will report to development tool.  You can go ahead and use the workaround by  using industrial part and later change correct part in vivado . It should be fine. The main difference between Industrial device and commercial device is temperature range   supported. 

So its absolutely fine to use your workaround flow  

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos