Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msj007
Visitor
Visitor

Upgrading Vivado Webpack to Design Edition to add ZC706

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have installed Vivado webpack (2020.2) on my PC. But I need to synthesize a previous project which was done using ZC706 which needs the design edition. I opened the License Manager and obtained license for option 'Get Vivado or IP Evaluation License' for a 30 day license. I can see that license being listed in my licenses. Does this mean that I have the design edition now? Or should I explicitly uninstall and reinstall Vivado with design edition selected?

I have downloaded the board files for zc706 using xHub Stores and I can see the board files in 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2020.2\data\boards\board_store'. I even tried copying the zc706 board files (zc706 folder) to 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2020.2\data\boards\board_files'. However I cannot find the board in the board selection page when I start a new project. Can you please help me with this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hpbhat
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

should I explicitly uninstall and reinstall Vivado with design edition selected?

Yes, As per my experience, you have to re-install Vivado with Design edition. Manually copying  board_files has no effect. 

With Regards,

HP Bhat

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hpbhat
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

should I explicitly uninstall and reinstall Vivado with design edition selected?

Yes, As per my experience, you have to re-install Vivado with Design edition. Manually copying  board_files has no effect. 

With Regards,

HP Bhat

View solution in original post

anatoli

Hello @msj007 ,

Have you tried upgrading using Add Design Tools or Devices 2020.x?

I haven't done Vivado WebPACK installation for long time and don't know if we have now implemented the upgrade of the edition via Add Design Tools or Devices 2020.x, however you can give this a try and see if this allows you to update your current Vivado edition from Vivado WebPACK to e.g. System Edition? 

image.png

If that doesn't allow you to do the update, then yes, as already indicated by @hpbhat , you'd need to uninstall Vivado WebPACK edition (to save disk space) and re-install Vivado, selecting Vivado Design or System Edition this time. FYI - System Edition is Vivado Design Edition (with support of all of the devices) + SysGen. So, if you don't need SysGen, then Design Edition is all you need in this case.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
msj007
Visitor
Visitor

thank you for the answer, I updated it by using the 'add design tools and devices' as mentioned by @anatoli