UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor bwerner1
Visitor

Using Linux Ubuntu - Vivado 2013.3 does not start - Null Pointer internal exception JAVA source file 422

Jump to solution

Hello!

I get the following error message..

when searching for answers I got the following:

Does anyone know what this exception means?

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Vivado v2013.3
# SW Build 329390 on Wed Oct 16 18:28:36 MDT 2013
# Current time: 12/8/13 7:52:18 AM
# Process ID: 2338
# Platform: Unix
#
# This report is an indication that an internal application error occurred.
# This information is useful for debugging. Please open a case with Xilinx
# Technical Support with this file and a testcase attached.
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ui.cx.run(SourceFile:422)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:251)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:727)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:688)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:686)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:697)
    at ui.frmwork.a.e.dispatchEvent(SourceFile:73)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Using Linux Ubuntu - Vivado 2013.3 does not start - Null Pointer internal exception JAVA source file 422

Jump to solution
Hi,

Sometimes, the download gets corrupted. Try re-downloading it from website.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Using Linux Ubuntu - Vivado 2013.3 does not start - Null Pointer internal exception JAVA source file 422

Jump to solution

Hi,

Does 32 bit version of vivado work? Use vivado -m32 command to invoke 32 bit vivado version.

Check this http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/vivado-2013-3-crashes-at-startup-on-ubuntu-13-10-64b/td-p/377655

PS: Ubuntu is not a supported OS for vivado.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor bwerner1
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello,

Then perhaps it will work under Windows XP?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Yes, win xp is supported OS.

Check page -15 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_3/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf for support details.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Visitor bwerner1
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello Again!

I downloaded Xilinx_vivado_win_2013.3_1017_1.zip

but when extracting it.... someqwhere in the middle of the Extraction, the Extraction utility says

it has an error reading the file.

This is using the Windows XP built in compression tools.

Anyone ever have this problem before?

0 Kudos
Visitor bwerner1
Visitor

Jump to solution

I Installed WinZip to try Extracting the file

There seems to be a problem with this one encrypted file

CRC check failed for "C:\Documents and Settings\bwerner\Desktop\Xilinx_Vivado_Win_2013.3_1017_1\idata\ip_0002.zip.xz" -- expected 3B27ECB1, actual F5B668E5.

Where would I go to find out if others have had this problem?

- Brett

0 Kudos
Visitor bwerner1
Visitor

Jump to solution

The Install for Windows Doesn't work

idata\ip_0002.zip.xz.  is unable to be opened

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Did you check the cheksum of the downladed file using md5 checksum tool?

MD5sum software can be downloaded from http://www.fastsum.com/

After feeding your .tar file to FastSum tool, it will display Checksum\state value of file.

checksum2.jpg

Compare the checksum\state column value with the value provided at download page on Xilinx http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.htm .

checksum1.jpg

If there is mismatch, it means that the downloaded files are not complete or corrupted.

You must again download ISE from Xilinx website. http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.htm

Also use 7 zip software for unzipping the TAR file.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Visitor bwerner1
Visitor

Jump to solution

thank you very much for your suggestions

YEs the Checksum doesn't match...

I think this is the third time I tried to get the windows software downloaded, unzipped and installed.

Is this a usual occurence? 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Sometimes, the download gets corrupted. Try re-downloading it from website.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor bwerner1
Visitor

Jump to solution

The Windows version of vivado ALWAYS seems to be corrupted after download...

I guess I will keep downloading it over and over until I get it uncorrupted.

Funny how I don't have this problem when downloading other software from other places...

some > 4 Gb

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Try downloading from this link http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57841.html

This article directly downloads the file without download manager.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Observer svenand
Observer

Jump to solution

I am running Vivado 2013.4 in Ubuntu 13.10 without problems. Read my blog to find out more:

www.zynqfromscratch.com

Sven

0 Kudos