cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Using one FLEX license on multiple computers with multiple ZC706 Evaluation Boards

Jump to solution

Hi

I have one new ZC706 Evaluation Board with a license sheet. I have 2 additional ZC706 Evaluation boards where the license sheet is missing.

Can I generate one .lic file (on the license site it says License Type=Node) and copy it on multiple computers to run multiple Vivado sessions and work on all 3 ZC706 Evaluation boards?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello @arasch,

Indeed, if you've purchased 3 ZC706 Evaluation Boards, in all 3 of these you should have received a licensing voucher that you can redeem. In this case, you should receive 3 Node-Locked Device Locked licenses.

If you see an issue where in 2 out of these 3 kits you've only received 1 voucher and not 3, then in this case, please contact the Disti FAE who you've purchased these kits from and indicate to them that you are missing 2 license vouchers in 2 out of 3 kits you've received.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @arasch,

Node locked license works for single computer's host ID. You will not able to use it with multiple computers. Though multiple simultaneous users allowed on single machine. 

You will need floating license for your requirement. 

Reagards,

hemangd 

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @hemangd

Thanks for the reply.

How do I get a floating license for the ZC706 Evaluation Kit?  I would like to be able to work on multiple computers and when code is ready plug in the board for testing.

Also, how can I use the other two ZC706 Evaluation Kits where the License sheet is missing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @arasch,

>> I have 2 additional ZC706 Evaluation boards where the license sheet is missing.

You should contact your Xilinx FAE for this missing licenses. He/She may help you out on it. 

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @arasch,

Indeed, if you've purchased 3 ZC706 Evaluation Boards, in all 3 of these you should have received a licensing voucher that you can redeem. In this case, you should receive 3 Node-Locked Device Locked licenses.

If you see an issue where in 2 out of these 3 kits you've only received 1 voucher and not 3, then in this case, please contact the Disti FAE who you've purchased these kits from and indicate to them that you are missing 2 license vouchers in 2 out of 3 kits you've received.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @anatoli and @hemangd

Thanks for your emails. Yes I have one licensing voucher for one of the ZC706 Evaluation Kits and redeemed it on one of our computers.

However I would like to install and setup Vivado on 2 more computers so employees can work also on them and design software/hardware for the one ZC706 Evaluation Kit (I will contact FAE for the other two ZC Evaluation Kits for licensing).

Will I need a floating license (for which I would need to contact the FAE) or does the one license file I generated with the license voucher suffice to work on 3 computers (3 Vivado sessions)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi @anatoli and @hemangd

Thanks for your help.

It was no problem to install Node locked licenses on 3 computers based on the one license voucher of the one ZC706 Evaluation Kit. I just had to generate for each computer its own Vivado.lic license file going to the Xilinx Product licensing website.

To generate the Node licenses I had to:

1.read from the Vivado License Manager -> View Host Information, the "Host Name" and one of the "Network Interface Card (NIC) ID" (taking always the first...)

2. write those values in the respective fields on the Xilinx Licensing website (see attached screen-shot in case someone else gets stuck here)

3. Get the license sent to your email account and load it into the Vivado License Manager

However for the two other boards where the license voucher is missing I guess I will have to contact the FAE.

Thanks

Screenshot from 2018-08-30 11-26-51.png
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Hmm, No. I tried one of the two ZC706 boards where I don't have the license voucher and that one can be programmed without any problems as well.

I'm a little confused but works for me ...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @arasch,

Based on the screenshot you've shared, looks like you've generated Vivado 30-days evaluation license, which is a full license with the limitation of the 30-day expiration set on this license (i.e. after 30 days this licence will get expired and you'd then start receiving licensing errors then).

Anyhow,  ZC706 includes the XC7Z045 and XC7Z045 device is not a webpack related device and you'd need either a full license for this or a device locked license that supposed to come to you for free with your (each) purchased kit.

Therefore, please contact DFAE and request them to send you your 2 missing in the kit vouchers for your other 2 ZC706 boards, as you will not be able to use a single Device locked Node-Locked license on 3 different PCs, each targeting a board..

However, if all these 3 kits are planned to be used on a single/same machine, then one node-locked license is OK in this case.

Hope the above is clear.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos