Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moon5756
Explorer
Explorer

VC707 license to different machine

Hi, I purchased two VC707 boards.

1. I have vouchers that have license codes on. I properly created xilinx.lic to activate two machines for two boards.

Can I use only two machines simultaneously?

2. I was able to use the board properly with xilinx.lic, but I want to switch to the different laptop.

In xilinx.entitlenow.com/AcrossUser, I modified the license so that it should work for the new laptop(I think it gives me 5 chances to switch to different machine?).

In the same manner I used the license for the previous machine, I tried to use it for the new laptop. But it didn't work.

When I loaded the xilinx.lic file, it says "License installation was successful" but in "View License Status", I can't see anything.

How do I switch the machine?

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
moon5756
Explorer
Explorer

2. I've found the work-around. 

Vivado ver: 2018.3

Vivado License Manager -> View License Manager, click "Hide Free Built-in Licenses"

You will find the License Manager is accessing C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\ddata\ip\core_licenses\Xilinx.lic and C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2018.3\ddata\ip\core_licenses\XilinxFree.lic to get multiple licenses.

Once you created your own node-locked license, download Xilinx.lic, open up the Xilinx.lic file and copy the contents to one of the files above.

Then refresh the Vivado License Manager's View License Manager and it will show the license for your board and etc.

I think because the the user name of the machine is not English, Vivado License Manager can't access Xilinx.lic file that I copied by doing Vivado License Manager->Load License->Copy License.

Anyway, it's working now.

anatoli

Hello @moon5756 ,

Thanks for letting us know and we are glad to hear that you've managed to overcome this issue.

You see, what exactly happens when you hit Copy License is, it identifies your Home default directly and it then creates a folder called .Xilinx (dot Xilinx). It then pastes this license into that folder. 

Normally, Vivado can then automatically detect this location and see your node-locked licenses in that folder.

However, we have seen that in some cases, that .Xilinx folder isn't sometimes detectable by Vivado (only in some cases, not in general).

In this case, sou can manually create any folder anywhere on your machine, e.g.: C:\Xilinx_Node_lics, and then put all of these Node-Locked licenses into that folder (you'd need to call these licenses differently, as they can't all be Xilinx.lic). Then, to specifically tell Vivado where these licenses are, you can set XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable (via VLM or the command prompt) and point to the location (folder itself) as follows:

e.g.

image.png

That way Vivado will be "forced" to scan this/these locations and that way it will then be able to detect and use your Node-locked licenses.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos