cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versal ES part synthsize issue

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to create a project with Versal engineering sample part. I got a license and I enable beta devices and I can choose the Versal ES part for my project, but when I run synthesis is giving me an error. I tried with the newest and older version of Vivado, still the same. The IP is not the issue because I tried with different ones and also very simple design and still I get an error.

I will add some images so you can se the error.

Thanks

Tags (1)
ES_part_error.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @alexandros-kapouranis ,

The reason for this behaviour is that you've ran the enable_beta_device Tcl command AFTER you've opened the GUI.

You see, you need to have a Vivado_init.tcl file (with this enable_beta_device Tcl command in it) that needs to be executed PRIOR the Vivado GUI opens.

Therefore, do you have Vivado_init.tcl file with this command in it: enable_beta_device* set?

e.g.:

image.png

You would then need to put this Vviado_init.tcl file into the location such as C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Xilinx\Vivado

E.g.:

image.png

With the required license and with this Vviado_init.tcl file in place, if you’d open Vivado then, the required ES devices would be enabled for you then.

Hope this help.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
anatoli

Hello @alexandros-kapouranis ,

The reason for this behaviour is that you've ran the enable_beta_device Tcl command AFTER you've opened the GUI.

You see, you need to have a Vivado_init.tcl file (with this enable_beta_device Tcl command in it) that needs to be executed PRIOR the Vivado GUI opens.

Therefore, do you have Vivado_init.tcl file with this command in it: enable_beta_device* set?

e.g.:

image.png

You would then need to put this Vviado_init.tcl file into the location such as C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Xilinx\Vivado

E.g.:

image.png

With the required license and with this Vviado_init.tcl file in place, if you’d open Vivado then, the required ES devices would be enabled for you then.

Hope this help.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

View solution in original post