cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vitis Installation Fails

I'm trying to download the latest version of Vitis and it fails. I get the message: "Could not locate ...\bin\setup-boot-loader.bat"

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1909 (OS Build 18636.10.1016), 64-bit

Steps prior to this failure:

1. I successfully downloaded Vivado 2020.1 and it runs ok.
  2. Downloaded Xilinx_Vivado_Vitis_Update_2020.1.1_0805_2247.tar.gz and extracted the files.
  3. Tried running xsetup.exe and first get the warning: "Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. This app may put your PC at risk."
  4. Selected "Run anyway"
  5. Then got the message about not finding setup-boot-loader.bat
  6. The xsetup.exe file was there, but the setup-boot-loader.bat file was not

My thanks in advance for solutions to this problem.

Curtis

cnote_0-1599019390564.jpeg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @cnote,

This issue occurs because of using the xsetup.exe. Can you try using the xsetup.bat which should be available under bin/ directory. For Windows Installations, this should work fine.

Also, if the requirement is to have an updated Vitis installation, I would not recommend updating 2020.1 because Vitis doesn't have any updates in the 2020.1.1 release. So you can save time and space there. 2020.1.1 is meant only for Vivado related updates. But if you plan to use Vivado too, then please feel free to update the tool.

Thanks,

Aravind.

0 Kudos