Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbosque
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 14.5 and QuestaSim 10.2c

Hellow,

I am working with ISE 14.5 and it is compatible with Questa Sim-64 10.1b, but I do not know if it is , also, compatible with QuestaSim 10.2c (I have this last version)).

I introduce the simulator "questasim.exe" in ISE (preferences, etc.)

I compile the libraries (Compile HDL Simulation Libraries) without problems.

I have a problem in ISE when I wor with Simulate Behavioral Model",  obtaining an error as: libraries compiled with 'questasim 10.2c' but the simulator selected is 'questasim 2013.07'.

The version of the questasim 10.2c is 2013.07 July 19 2013).

Thanks.

Guillermo

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @gbosque 

Refer to this answer record: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/38518.html

Also try below steps:

1. Instead of setting the ISE preferences to questasim.exe, set to vsim.exe 

2. If above options didnt work, check the option "ignore simulator version check" in simulator process properties:

check_ignore.PNG

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
Xilinx support for 3rd party tools are forward compatible.
For example Vivado 2014.4 supports Mentor Graphics Questa SIM SE/DE (10.3b).
This means that 10.3b and the later versions are supported.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
kira_slender

I'm employing ISE 14.7, and I've tried your methods, but the version error still exists.

::>_<:: 

无标题.png

0 Kudos
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Set the modelsim enviornmental variable to modelsim.ini located in compiled library location

OR

copy the modelsim.ini file from compiled library folder to project directory.

Thanks,
Vinay
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos