UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Vivado 17.4, AXI 1G/2,6G Ethenet Subsystem and unlicensed eth_avb_endpoint creates critical warnining in bitstream generation

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Vivado 17.4, AXI 1G/2,6G Ethenet Subsystem and unlicensed eth_avb_endpoint creates critical warnining in bitstream generation

I am receiving the following critical warning upon bitstream generation for a design that uses th AXI 1G/2.5G Ethernet Subsystem:

[Vivado 12-1790] Evaluation License Warning: This design contains one or more IP cores that use separately licensed features. If the design has been configured to make use of evaluation features, please note that these features will cease to function after a certain period of time. Please consult the core datasheet to determine whether the core which you have configured will be affected. Evaluation features should NOT be used in production systems.

Evaluation cores found in this design:
IP core 'KCU105_bd_axi_ethernet_0_0' (bd_979c) was generated with multiple features:
IP feature 'eth_avb_endpoint@2015.04' was enabled using a design_linking license.
IP feature 'tri_mode_eth_mac@2015.04' was enabled using a bought license.
IP core 'bd_979c_mac_0' (bd_979c_mac_0_block) was generated with multiple features:
IP feature 'eth_avb_endpoint@2015.04' was enabled using a design_linking license.
IP feature 'tri_mode_eth_mac@2015.04' was enabled using a bought license.

Resolution: If a new IP Core license was added, in order for the new license to be picked up, the current netlist needs to be updated by resetting and re-generating the IP output products before bitstream generation.

I have a purchased license for the ethernet subsystem:

ethernet_ip_status.JPG

I am not enabling the eth_avb_endpoint in the core configuration gui.

I have tried resetting all output products and regenerating/synthesising/implementing etc from scratch but the warning persists.

Can this either be safely ignored or is there some way to inform Vivado that I'm not actually using the eth_avb_endpoint core?

Accepted Solutions

Re: Vivado 17.4, AXI 1G/2,6G Ethenet Subsystem and unlicensed eth_avb_endpoint creates critical warnining in bitstream generation

Hi @rsclancy

Tool should not offer this Critical warning as you are using purchased license for ethernet subsystem. Discussion is already going on this and this issue is most likely to be addressed in Vivado 2018.1. I believe you can safely ignore this CW for now.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Vivado 17.4, AXI 1G/2,6G Ethenet Subsystem and unlicensed eth_avb_endpoint creates critical warnining in bitstream generation

Hi @rsclancy

Tool should not offer this Critical warning as you are using purchased license for ethernet subsystem. Discussion is already going on this and this issue is most likely to be addressed in Vivado 2018.1. I believe you can safely ignore this CW for now.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Hello @rsclancy,

As correctly indicated by @thakurr, you can ignore this CW.

Here is some additional info/clarification on this matter:

Please note that prior 2017.1 version of Vivado, in Vivado you’d actually see a WARNING instead of a Critical Warning. However, from 2017.1 this was decided to be upgraded to a CW instead of WARNING (by the request of many other users).

As stated in the warning, an IP evaluation license can prevent the bitstream from working after the HW timeout. Therefore, in 2017.x a CRITICAL WARNING is now issued instead of a WARNING to prevent customer going to production with an eval license. 

In the IP catalogue, if you search for “Tri Mode Ethernet MAC” and then, right click on this core -> and then view “License Status”, you can see that this particular core has multiple feature controlled by separate license:

Forum_19.png

In relation to axi_ethernet, if AVB isn’t enabled, so no additional licenses are required, therefore this Critical WARNING can be safely ignored:

Forum_20.png

Therefore, as long as the TEMAC core is not generated with AVB enabled, then you only need a Tri-mode Ethernet MAC, which you do have and in this case, therefore you can either suppress the CW (i.e. in Vivado GUI, the ‘Messages’ section, you can just right-click on the message that you’d like to suppress and the option to suppress it is there as an option) or you can downgrade the CW to a WARNING/INFO, you can use the below Tcl command to do so, e.g.:

set_msg_config -id {Vivado 12-1790} -new_severity {INFO}

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------