UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Vivado 2013.3 can't find license

Visitor

Vivado 2013.3 can't find license

Have a floating license server that seems to be properly configured. It seems to work fine for ISE and Xilinx License Manager, but when I use Vivado 2013.3 it doesn't seem to be getting licenses. Xilinx License Manager shows that the licenses are there, but when i run Vivado i get the following error:

[Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7z020'. Please run the Xilinx License Configuration Manager for assistance in determining which features and devices are licensed for your system.

Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2013.3 can't find license

Hi,

Is your license full/webpack ?

Can you run xinfochecker and share xinfo.txt so that one of us will go through it and will suggest you accordingly ?

Regards,

Vanitha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

Hi,

Can you run the below command in ise command prompt and paste the log

lmutil lmdiag -c port_num@server_name synthesis

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Participant

I have the same issue. I see a valid synthesis license in the “Xilinx License Configuration Manager”

SynthesisLicense2.JPG

but when I run:

lmutil lmdiag -c 2100@rti-app01 synthesis
WARNING: [Common 17-259] Unknown Tcl command 'lmutil lmdiag -c 2100@rti-app01 synthesis' sending command to the OS shell for execution.
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2006 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
FLEXlm diagnostics on Mon 12/2/2013 11:35

-----------------------------------------------------
License file: 2100@rti-app01
No licenses for synthesis in this license file

I get no synthesis license.

What could be the problem?

Regards,
Vlad

Participant

It looks like lmutil is case sensitive. I changed "synthesis" to "Synthesis" and I got:

lmutil lmdiag -c 2100@rti-app01 Synthesis
WARNING: [Common 17-259] Unknown Tcl command 'lmutil lmdiag -c 2100@rti-app01 Synthesis' sending command to the OS shell for execution.
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2006 Macrovision Europe Ltd. and/or Macrovision Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
FLEXlm diagnostics on Mon 12/2/2013 13:48

License file: 2100@rti-app01
"Synthesis" v2013.07, vendor: xilinxd
  License server: rti-app01
  floating license no expiration date

TS_OK: Checkout permitted when client is using terminal client

This license can be checked out

Now the question is why Vivado 2013.3 fails to find the license:

SynthesisLicense3.JPG

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The version limit of your license is 2013.07. This license doesnot support vivado 2013.3 (which was released on Oct 2013 i.e., 2013.10). Hence the tool errors when you use vivado 2013.3.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

From the output of lmutil lmdiag command, I can say that you are encountering this issue because of version limit.

You had license with version limit 2013.07 but whereas Vivado 2013.3 require 2013.10 as version limit.

For more information on version limit, see this answer record: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33770.htm

Thanks

Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
Participant

Thank you.