Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Vivado 2014.1 WebPACK

Jump to solution

I am trying to learn Vivado HLS by following UG871, with the downloaded ug871-design-files.  Since UG871 with design files are targeted to Vivado 2014.1.  The Vivado 2014.1 has been installed with WebPACK edition selected. (Figure-1)

With UG871 I started Lab 1 and created the project fir_prj without any problem. (Figure-2)

The following steps would be Run C Simulation and Run C Synthesis. Both of them have the same error message . (Figure-3)

Since WebPACK does not need a licence, I am confused with this situation.

Figure-1.jpg
Figure-2.jpg
Figure-3.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

HLS was not included in the free WebPACK license for 2014.1 - if I remember correctly, it was a ~$1000 add-on you could purchase.

From Vivado 2015.4 onwards, HLS was included for free - so upgrade your Vivado version. That would be worth doing anyway, as the early versions of HLS were pretty unreliable. 2015.4 onward were pretty good.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

HLS was not included in the free WebPACK license for 2014.1 - if I remember correctly, it was a ~$1000 add-on you could purchase.

From Vivado 2015.4 onwards, HLS was included for free - so upgrade your Vivado version. That would be worth doing anyway, as the early versions of HLS were pretty unreliable. 2015.4 onward were pretty good.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Also note Vivado 2015.x and earlier requires a certificate based WebPACK license.

Starting in Vivado 2016.x onward, a license is no longer required for WebPACK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------