UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor heckj
Visitor

Vivado 2014.1 works, but SDK doesn't accept my license

Hi,

I'm currently struggeling to get my license accepted by the Xilinx SDK 2014.1 - Vivado 2014.1 is working like charm only the SDK is always showing a popup telling me "License Error" "SDK requires an evaluation or full license. There is no cost.... Do you want to acquire a license now?".

I already followed all instructions and downloaded a *.xml license additionally to my already existing *.lic file which I actived through the license manager.

Unbenannt.JPG

Please see the attached image captured from the license manager - it all seems ok. But still the SDK doesn't accept this as a solution.

Is there any special license now required for 2014.1 SDK? the 2013.4 was working... but on a different machine.

Greets,

Joachim

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2014.1 works, but SDK doesn't accept my license

Hi Joachim,

From the snapshot, it is clear that the license was installed properly.

Did you receive this error message when opening SDK standalone?

If yes, the answer is: SDK is supported for XC7Z010, XC7Z015, XC7Z020, XC7Z030 devices only with Vivado Webpack license.

Try out these steps:
1. Create a project in Vivado with the above mentioned device.
2. Then export it to SDK using File --> Export Hardware for SDK option and select the option "Launch SDK".

Please post your message if you still encounters the issue.

Thanks,
Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor heckj
Visitor

Thanks for your fast response Vinay,

I'm using a ZEDBOARD with the Z7020 and the related vivado board part template in my project.

At the moment I'm receiving the error when starting the sdk standalone - unfortunately since I updated the license vivado isn't starting the SDK anymore. I checked all boxes on export but nothing happens and the sdk isn't loading.

I struggeled from this issue a few weeks ago on a different machine, but couldn't figure out how to get it working. Suddently, a few restarts later it went all fine - but till today I don't know what went wrong.

In this case it seems the same issue to me. My procedure is:

1. Open implementation

2. Export hardware for SDK Option from Main-Menu/File/Export

3. Tick all Boxes and press OK

4. A Message box appears telling me that there is already an exported file for this module at the specified location and if I want to overwrite it?

5. Fore sure I want - so i select Yes

--> Nothing happens

If I'm starting the SDK Standalone which worked perfectly on my second machine I receive the following message

Unbenannt2.JPG

In the LOG the message is stated as:

ERROR: License Feature SDK is not av....

I'm not able to display the full message because the window is blocked by the popup.

Regards,

Joachim

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Joachim,

Try export hardware for SDK after opening the block design.

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor heckj
Visitor

Sorry, but this doesn't work either. I'm always having the implementation open, otherwise Vivado doesn't allow to export the bitstream (include). Finally i set up a new project and tried the export again - this time the SDK opens but still shwoing the following message:

Unbenannt3.JPG

0 Kudos
Visitor heckj
Visitor

So, nobody really has a solution to this problem?

Is there any logfile I can create, or *.ini text I can post?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Joachim,

It seems like a bug.
I will check this and update here.

Thanks,
Vinay
0 Kudos
Observer svenand
Observer

I had the same problem when installing 2014.1 SDK as a standalone application. Then you need an activated based license. See my blog for more information. If you install Vivado and SDK together you can continue use your old license.

Sven

0 Kudos
Newbie anown0

I'm having the exact same issue. Has this been resolved?

0 Kudos
Visitor kristjan0
Visitor

Same issue on Win 8.1 64bit, version 2014.2.

0 Kudos
Visitor mkim-hj
Visitor

Same error, is there a fix for this yet?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Can you share the output of tcl command: report_environment -file env.txt

Thanks,
Vinay
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer chengtms
Observer

Are you guys running SDK from a VM? I'm having exactly the same problem when trying to run SDK2014.4 from VM  (VMware player, Windows guest OS). Vivado works well though. Tried returning the license to Xilinx and generate again, multiple times. Still failed.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Visitor rhodeml
Visitor

I had thought about starting a new thread, but it seems like this is a common problem. I'm using a VM as well. Vivado works great, but it's unable to find the license for the SDK. Really puts you in a bind if you need it for your design... Any thoughts/workarounds or does it just seem like a fix will need to come out?
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@rhodeml

I found an Answer Report that may help you, if you are still having this issue.  The link is providied below.

AR# 64405

Observer rhodeman
Observer

Thanks @schumerth...! I tried it this morning and that did the trick! I just had to create an ISE WebPACK certificate-based license and copy it into the license manager. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@rhodeman Your welcome.

0 Kudos