Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2014.4 for linux

Hi,

Trying to install Vivado 2014.4 on ubuntu16 via command line.

when i try to run the following command:

"sudo ./xsetup --agree 3rdPartyEULA,WebTalkTerms,XilinxEULA --batch Install --edition "Vivado HL WebPACK" "/opt/Xilinx""

but the GUI installation is opened automatically and it seems that there is no command line installation for this version.

I've look at https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_4/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

please tell me that there is command line installation option for Vivado 2014.4 on linux.

Thanks,

Oren.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @orenk.waves,

Ubuntu 16.x is unsupported for the software version. Please see the list below of supported OS.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_4/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 5.8 - 5.10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Red Hat Enterprise Workstation 6.4 - 6.5 (32-bit and 64-bit)
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11.1 - 11.2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Cent OS 6.4 and 6.5 (64-bit)
    Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS (64-bit)

Thank you,
    Devin
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Devin,

It seems that it's possible to install v2014.4 on Ubuntu16 but only from GUI.
I've also tried to run the installation on Ubuntu14.04, running the command i mentioned is opening the GUI installation.

plase assist.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I'm not the developer for this environemnt.

I'm a devops developer who trying to create dockerfile with the require environment that contain v2014.

our developeron Vivado env told me that its working on his env but, anyway, when i'm trying to run the installation via command line on Ubuntu14 which Vivado v2014.04 should supporting. still, its running a GUI installation.

How can i avoid Vivado2014.4 installation from GUI installation and only command line installation?
if someone have any comment before i giving up on the option of using docker machine.

Thanks,
Oren.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @orenk.waves,

Please note that the Vivado 2014.x installer does not support batch mode installation. Vivado batch mode installation is officially supported from 2015.x and newer Vivado releases. 

That is the reason for this behaviour you are seeing.  

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------