UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Vivado 2015.2 Linux has problem with 4K displays

Hi, 

In my hardware setup I have one 4K and one HD display and I am running Linux. 

I want just to report that vivado can not handle its window size properly. It keeps the size of the window limited to that of HD display, instead of the 4k display. When I try to maximize its window it keeps the window size as it is and doesn't change it. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Vivado 2015.2 Linux has problem with 4K displays

@mamisadegh3,

Vivado seems to 'remember' the maximum size of the screen it gets started on, or the 'primary' monitor. With only the 4K screen it works fine at that resoluton. As a workaround you can setup the desktop with just the 4K screen, start Vivado and then put the desktop back to include the extra screens. With 'xrandr' this can all be scripted. I know: not great, but workable.

-bisector

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor accuvein
Visitor

I have a 4K screen on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS laptop. Maybe if there are more messages from those of us with similar configuration then perhaps there will be more interested in improving support. 

0 Kudos
Observer waidcsuf
Observer

Vivado tells the OS that its DPI aware yet it is not and so the OS does not do any scaling.  This issue needs attention.  High res monitors are not going away.

0 Kudos