UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer deanbruce
Observer

Vivado 2015.4.2 update : licence is now not valid?

Jump to solution

I have been using Vivado 2015.4

This morning I updated to 2015.4.2

Now i get the following message :- 

[Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7z045'. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining
which features and devices are licensed for your system.
Resolution: Check the status of your licenses in the Vivado License Manager. For debug help search Xilinx Support for "Licensing FAQ".

I have a node locked licence that came with a zc706 dev kit  that is now more than one year old.

should it not work with this minor revision update?

If not how do i restore to version 2015.4 as it doesn't seem to be available via the website

Thanks for any help that you can give on this..

Dean

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Vivado 2015.4.2 update : licence is now not valid?

Jump to solution

@deanbruce,

If your issue is resolved, please close this thread by marking appropriate reply as solution.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @deanbruce,

Please post your license file here.

For using Vivado 2015.4.2, you need version limit as 2016.02, while you need 2015.11 as version limit for using Vivado 2015.4.

Refer this AR for details: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33770.html

Install Vivado HLx from this link:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/vivado-design-tools/2015-4.html

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Observer deanbruce
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi

is the licence limited to one year and a month or is it the version number then?

assuming it has expired, how can i re-download design suite 2015.4

thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@deanbruce,

It is decided by the version limit mentioned in the license(in your case 2016.01, which does not allow you to use 2015.4.2) .

Use this link ( http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/vivado-design-tools/2015-4.html ) to install 2015.4 .

Thanks,
Nupur
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer deanbruce
Observer

Jump to solution

I incorrectly assumed that the HLX download was for vivado HLS also i thought that the web install client was for the web edition 

doh !

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@deanbruce,

If your issue is resolved, please close this thread by marking appropriate reply as solution.

Thanks,
Nupur

View solution in original post

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
you can't reward back old version of tool. you need to unstall and install again .

I would recommend you to renew Vivado license and use latest which is Vivado 2016.2
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos