UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivado 2015.4 License Problem on ubuntu [Common 17-348]

I am using a VC707 board. Previously I worked on another machine using windows 7 64 bit and vivado worked fine back then. But after changing to my current laptop using ubuntu 16.04 64 bit, I installed vivado and imported the license to this machine. However, everytime I try to run vivado synthesis, there's an error like this:

[Common 17-348] Failed to get the license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7vx485t'.

But when I check the license status on license manager, it seems to be okay. Here is the screenshot:

vivado2.png

Does anyone have any clue why this happened and how to fix it ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Vivado 2015.4 License Problem on ubuntu [Common 17-348]

Hi @nguyenluong90,

From the VLM snapshot, its clear that there is a Host ID mismatch. As, you have migrated to another machine. You have to rehost the license with the Host ID of the new machine. Please check this AR#36136 on how to rehost the license.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
A.Shameer.

Re: Vivado 2015.4 License Problem on ubuntu [Common 17-348]

@nguyenluong90

In addition to Shameer's comment, please follow these steps to obtain host ID of new Ubuntu machine:

1. Open a terminal.

2. Navigate to this location : opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2015.4/bin/unwrapped/lnx64.o

3. Now run this command : lmutil lmhostid

Use one of the host ID returned on the terminal for generating new license.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).