cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Vivado 2015.4 License Problem on ubuntu [Common 17-348]

I am using a VC707 board. Previously I worked on another machine using windows 7 64 bit and vivado worked fine back then. But after changing to my current laptop using ubuntu 16.04 64 bit, I installed vivado and imported the license to this machine. However, everytime I try to run vivado synthesis, there's an error like this:

[Common 17-348] Failed to get the license for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7vx485t'.

But when I check the license status on license manager, it seems to be okay. Here is the screenshot:

vivado2.png

Does anyone have any clue why this happened and how to fix it ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Vivado 2015.4 License Problem on ubuntu [Common 17-348]

Hi @nguyenluong90,

From the VLM snapshot, its clear that there is a Host ID mismatch. As, you have migrated to another machine. You have to rehost the license with the Host ID of the new machine. Please check this AR#36136 on how to rehost the license.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
A.Shameer.

Highlighted

Re: Vivado 2015.4 License Problem on ubuntu [Common 17-348]

@nguyenluong90

In addition to Shameer's comment, please follow these steps to obtain host ID of new Ubuntu machine:

1. Open a terminal.

2. Navigate to this location : opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2015.4/bin/unwrapped/lnx64.o

3. Now run this command : lmutil lmhostid

Use one of the host ID returned on the terminal for generating new license.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).