UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Vivado 2016.4 installer closes prematurely without error

Jump to solution

Good evening,

I'm trying to install Vivado 2016.4 on Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit. However the installer closes after a couple of seconds withoud any warning or error. 
I've tried several things to adress the issue without sucess unfortunately:

- Clean the PATH environnement leaving only Windows variables

- uninstall  2013 or later Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables versions

the problem seems to be the same as in the following post:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Vivado-2016-4-Installer-closes-without-warning-or-error-message/td-p/808066

I know I should use a more recent version of Vivado, but as a student, I need to use the exact same version used by my school (which is 2016.4). 
Installation log is attached. Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Vivado 2016.4 installer closes prematurely without error

Jump to solution

Hi @matthieu.bechet,

It looks like from the post you linked if you have the latest updates to windows 10 there might be issues with the install.

"Which version of Windows 10 you are using?  Have you updated your windows 10 with creators update? If yes, this update of windows 10 is officially not supported by Vivado 2016.4." (From your link)

I would try the following things:

• Make sure you have admin rights when you do the install
  • Turn on Compatiblity mode ( Try Windows 7)
  • Make a new user on the machine and try installing it under a fresh user.
  • Redownload the installer. Try both the Full installer, and the webinstaller.

FULL: Vivado HLx 2016.4: All OS installer Single-File Download (TAR/GZIP - 20.59 GB)

WEB: Vivado HLx 2016.4: WebPACK and Editions - Windows Self Extracting Web Installer (EXE - 50.44 MB)

A final option would be to Download VirtualBox. Install Ubuntu16.04/CentOS6.8 and run the tools there.

Try 2018.3. For a class, writing verilog or VHDL and testing it for functionality will the same.(Synthesis, and simulation ect)

You can use another machine or a Virtual machine to do the building if you are concerned about version matching.

2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @matthieu.bechet,

It looks like from the post you linked if you have the latest updates to windows 10 there might be issues with the install.

"Which version of Windows 10 you are using?  Have you updated your windows 10 with creators update? If yes, this update of windows 10 is officially not supported by Vivado 2016.4." (From your link)

I would try the following things:

• Make sure you have admin rights when you do the install
  • Turn on Compatiblity mode ( Try Windows 7)
  • Make a new user on the machine and try installing it under a fresh user.
  • Redownload the installer. Try both the Full installer, and the webinstaller.

FULL: Vivado HLx 2016.4: All OS installer Single-File Download (TAR/GZIP - 20.59 GB)

WEB: Vivado HLx 2016.4: WebPACK and Editions - Windows Self Extracting Web Installer (EXE - 50.44 MB)

A final option would be to Download VirtualBox. Install Ubuntu16.04/CentOS6.8 and run the tools there.

Try 2018.3. For a class, writing verilog or VHDL and testing it for functionality will the same.(Synthesis, and simulation ect)

You can use another machine or a Virtual machine to do the building if you are concerned about version matching.

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. 

The solution you proposed is not very convenient but it will do the job.

0 Kudos