cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jechambe-koe
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado 2017.2 install on Windows 10 pro fails..

I am attempting to install Vivado 2017.2 on my Windows 10 Pro (ver 1703) laptop.  I start the install, and I get the starting GUI screen.  But that only stays for about 5 seconds, then the install window just disappears. 

I also had other Vivado versions installed, but all of them fail to work and fail to un-install, since upgrading to ver 1703 (creators update) of windows 10 Pro.   Are there compatibility issues with this version of Windows 10 and Vivado?

I tried to install other versions of Vivado as well, and the install also fails (tried 2015.4, 2016.2, 2016.4).  In addition, I downloaded the latest version of Java, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
evgenis1
Advisor
Advisor

@jechambe-koe , 

2017.2 install worked fine on my Windows-10 laptop.

What you can try is to run the installation executable from a command-line console opened as Administrator. 

First, it'll eliminate possible permission problems.

Second, it'll print log and give you some idea what's wrong.

Thanks,

Evgeni

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jechambe-koe
Adventurer
Adventurer

I used to be able to run and install Vivado on my Win10 Pro laptop, but can't anymore. 

So when I run the "xsetup.exe" from a admin command prompt, all it does it launch the GUI Install, which then crashes, and there are no message in the command prompt window.

Still just closes after about 5 seconds. 

Thanks.

admin_console.jpg
0 Kudos
evgenis1
Advisor
Advisor

@jechambe-koe ,

There is a way to run xsetup in command-line (non-gui) mode.

Take a look at ug973, "Batch Mode Installation Flow" section on page 38 (link).

Thanks,

Evgeni

Tags (1)
jechambe-koe
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks Evgeni, Batch mode install worked for me, and 2017.2 is now installed and running.  

I don't know why the GUI portion of the install didn't work though.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
rolf0097

In case someone else runs across this issue... This is a bit of a rabbit trail, but it may be your problem. I was experiencing the exact same problem as above, but I was referred to a Java bug around a couple of months ago, and thought they were not related.

See https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc7f0a8c-5d2b-479c-82f4-ff1254616d68/create-a-god-mode-folder-in-windows-10?forum=WinPreview2014General

Gives a description of how this folder is made. If you have this folder on your desktop, there is a known bug in many Java distros, that this can cause Java apps to fail. Yes, a folder on your desktop can make Java apps fail. I just deleted the folder and now I am able to install Vivado. Now I can drop my VM.

ddikka

I also have the same trouble and I've got a good solution, thank you very much.I am just a newbie to use Windows 10 system.
0 Kudos
ddikka

I have solved the problem according to your method and again thank you very much. And I got some reference from the following article.
0 Kudos
ddikka

I was having a new trouble with my Win10 Pro laptop running fine when Vivado was installed, but I came back for two days and found my laptop was blank and could not boot up normally. Who can tell me why ?
0 Kudos
ddikka

What is a Java bug? Why did not I find this folder on my desktop? Can you successfully install Vivado on your Windows 10 pro after you delete it?
0 Kudos