UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor savvysky
Visitor

Vivado 2017.3 installation

Jump to solution

I installed Vivado 2017.3 design on driver C before and it work properly. Recently because I do not have enough space on C driver, I uninstalled Vivado and reinstall it on driver D. After installation, it indicated that there was an exception during generating device list. And when I tried to open Vivado, after about 2 minutes, there is dialog said:

Error when launching 'D:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.3\bin\vivado.bat': Launcher time out. 

I uninstalled Vivado 2017.3 and tried to reinstall again, still have the same problem. What should I do to solve it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor savvysky
Visitor

Re: Vivado 2017.3 installation

Jump to solution

The problem has been solved. It is because of the windows 10 update. Windows did an update recently, that's why I do not have enough space on C driver and have to reinstall vivado on D driver. The solution is as below:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69908.html

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @savvysky,

Can you please have a look into this AR and follow its suggestions to overcome this issue?

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57386.html

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @savvysky,

Try invoking vivado.bat through cmd.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give 'Kudos' to a post which you think is useful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @savvysky,

Can you please try setting the System Environment Variable XIL_PA_NO_REDIST_CHECK to 1 and logging out and logging in and then see if you can overcome this issue that way?

The problem seems to be xvcredist.exe. It is called by loader.bat.

It seems a check for the Visual C++ runtime (xvcredist -check) is not working correctly so loader is attempting to install it. So setting XIL_PA_NO_REDIST_CHECK to 1 should work for you. If not, please let us know.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor savvysky
Visitor

Jump to solution

I opened vivado.bat with cmd, the following window appeared for two seconds then quit. 

01.png
0 Kudos
Visitor savvysky
Visitor

Jump to solution

There is no System Environment Variable XIL_PA_NO_REDIST_CHECK. So I created a new  System Environment Variable XIL_PA_NO_REDIST_CHECK, set its value to 1. But the problem is still there.

0 Kudos
Visitor savvysky
Visitor

Jump to solution

The problem has been solved. It is because of the windows 10 update. Windows did an update recently, that's why I do not have enough space on C driver and have to reinstall vivado on D driver. The solution is as below:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69908.html

0 Kudos