cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pieter9222

Vivado 2018.2 Strange characters in the menus

I just installed Vivado 2018.2 WebPACK. When I open the program all the menus are in these strange characters.Naamloos.png

I have tried installing again with the same result, anyone familiar with this issue? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
anatoli

Hello @pieter9222,

What Operating System are you installing this on? Is it one of the Supported OSs that is listed in the User Guide 973:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Forum_63.png
If this is not one of the supported Operating Systems, then the issue is most likely due to this.

However, I can confirm that we had no one reported this issue yet, installing on a supported OS, so this is not a known issue. You are the first person reporting this behavior to us. Therefore, please let us know what exact OS is in your case? I believe this is Windows 10 and if so, what Region and Language Settings is currently on this OS? English/Japanese or some other Region and Language Settings? Can you confirm on this please?  

Therefore

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos