cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Vivado 2018.2 installation on ubuntu - additional library installation required - AR# 66184

Jump to solution

I'm installing Vivado 2018.2 on a VM running Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (64-bit), as UG973 prescribes.

During installation, I can read the following in the installer dialog: 'additional library installation required' :

2018.2 installer.png

now in UG973 (2018.2) page 39, there's a paragraph refering to AR# 66184  : Install - How do I find out which libraries are required to run Vivado tools in Linux?

Q1) now this AR# looks rather old to me, and talks about 2015.4 ... is the perl script still valid for 2018.2?

Q2) I'm not a perl hero, could someone explain what this script actually does? Is it checking what libraries are used by Vivado/SDK/... executables, and then checking if these libraries are present in their correct versions on the host OS? What if there are missing libraries, are these reported? Or does the perl script just throw out a list of libraries, and do I need to check these one by one to see if they are installed?

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Vivado 2018.2 installation on ubuntu - additional library installation required - AR# 66184

Jump to solution

Hi @ronnywebers,

Correct this script is still valid with the Ubuntu install flow as some additional 32-bit libraries may be required. That script first checks which libraries are missing and then installs as needed through the executable in the install.

Thank you,
Devin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Vivado 2018.2 installation on ubuntu - additional library installation required - AR# 66184

Jump to solution

Hi @ronnywebers,

Correct this script is still valid with the Ubuntu install flow as some additional 32-bit libraries may be required. That script first checks which libraries are missing and then installs as needed through the executable in the install.

Thank you,
Devin

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

Jump to solution

thanks @devinl, I just ran the perl script, and I get missing libraries, but I created a new thread here because it goes away from the original question - thanks for the help so far!

If you wouldn't mind having a look at the follow-up post : 

Vivado 2018.2 install on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS :libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos