UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivado 2018 Installation wont start

I'm trying to install the Vivado 2018 webpack on my laptop and it won't get past the initial splash screen.  It shows the splash then the installer just goes away.

I've tried both the web installer and the complete download.

I've read the "AR# 60118 Install - Trouble shooting the Vivado Installation (v2014.1 and later)" document.   Ive tried changing my %TEMP% and PATH env. variables as instructed.  Also turned off the UAC and also tried running as admin. None of this helped.

The laptop is a Lenovo Flex 4 with an i7-6500 cpu, 8 gig ram, plenty of room and 64-bit Windows 10 home, fully updated.

Is it because it's Windows 10 Home?  Is anyone else running Vivado on Home, or do you absolutely need Pro for it to work?

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2018 Installation wont start

@fearlabsaudio

Hi, Which Vivado version are you installing? 2018.2 or 2018.1 ....?

For 2018.2, Windows 10 supported build version are: Windows 10.0 Fall Creators update (version 1709), 10.0 Version 1803 (64-bit),English/Japanese. You can find this info on ug973.

You can check Windows build version by command "winver".

BR,

Martin

0 Kudos