Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjacomex00
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado Design Suite for BASYS 3: Mass Installation Inquiry

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just bought 35 BASY3 FPGA boards for our Digital Systems class and need to install Vivado Design Suite in 30 computers. However I noticed during the installation process I have to enter USER ID and PASSWORD to complete the installation.

I would like to know if there is a way around to having to create 30 accounts im order to install on 30 computers. I suppose I can try to install using 1 account on all 30 computers. Please help me with the  best way to install Vivado Design Suite for my class.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @mjacomex00 ,

Xilinx requires each machine that our tools are installed on to have the EULA accepted by the installer. The end user license agreement (EULA) for ISE and Vivado Design Suite of software tools must be accepted by each Licensee (as defined in the EULA) at least one time by running through the installer GUI or the batch mode.

After a Licensee has accepted the EULA and installed one copy of the Software (as defined by the EULA),such Licensee may install additional copies of the licensed Software in any convenient manner including by copying the installation folder to other machines,provided that Licensee complies with the EULA in all respects. If this is a Windows installation,once the Software is copied to a new machine,the "NetworkShortcutSetup.exe" command should be run from the common subfolder to setup desktop iconsand start menu items.

So, once you have the application installed on one computer, just move the whole install (e.g. C:\Xilinx\Vivado) to another machine and then also run the NetworkShortcutSetup.exe from C:\Xilinx\.xinstall\Vivado_2019.2\bin\ to get the correct shortcuts, etc.

For further details on this and more useful information, please see (UG973) (v 2019.2).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
anatoli

Hello @mjacomex00 ,

Xilinx requires each machine that our tools are installed on to have the EULA accepted by the installer. The end user license agreement (EULA) for ISE and Vivado Design Suite of software tools must be accepted by each Licensee (as defined in the EULA) at least one time by running through the installer GUI or the batch mode.

After a Licensee has accepted the EULA and installed one copy of the Software (as defined by the EULA),such Licensee may install additional copies of the licensed Software in any convenient manner including by copying the installation folder to other machines,provided that Licensee complies with the EULA in all respects. If this is a Windows installation,once the Software is copied to a new machine,the "NetworkShortcutSetup.exe" command should be run from the common subfolder to setup desktop iconsand start menu items.

So, once you have the application installed on one computer, just move the whole install (e.g. C:\Xilinx\Vivado) to another machine and then also run the NetworkShortcutSetup.exe from C:\Xilinx\.xinstall\Vivado_2019.2\bin\ to get the correct shortcuts, etc.

For further details on this and more useful information, please see (UG973) (v 2019.2).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

mjacomex00
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you @anatoli

0 Kudos