Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Vivado Development Board license?

Jump to solution

I recently upgraded my hard drive, and re-installed Xilinx software. My licence file seems to support the XC702, but does not support my KC705 or ML605. I logged on to the Xilinx licensing site to re-download the licence file, but I couldn't find that option. How do I re-instate my ability to develop for my KC705 and ML605?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado Development Board license?

Jump to solution
Hi,

Did you order KC705 using the same account?
If it is the same account, fill the following form and customer support will contact you: http://www.xilinx.com/askx/customer_service_form.htm

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Can you share the license file?
Looks like you have the license locked for specific part, did you purchase full license or this is obtained with the board?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

It's not a full license -- it's locked to the part. It used to work with my ML605 and KC705, but I haven't used these for a while, and it no longer works with them. It still works with my XC702. 

Perhaps the ML605 and KC705 dropped off when I generated the license for the XC702, but I can't work out how to get them back.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

The license file that you had attached is the device-locked license for the device "XC7Z020".

If you want to download the old license files, follow below steps:

1. Go to http://www.xilinx.com/getlicense

2. Login with your cerdentials.

3. Click on "Manage License" Tab.

4. In this tab, you will find all the license that are generated with this account.

5. Select the license file, click on "Download" button (bottom-left corner of the webpage).

Note: All the license files are named as Xilinx.lic. Make sure you rename these files if you have multiple.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks Vinay.

I can find the Virtex-6 Embedded Kit Licence. It is listed as expired on 21st April 2012. Is this for the ML605?

Does that mean I can't use any recent releases to develop for it?

How do I go about extending this?

I can't find anythinfg that looks like it will work for the KC705. How do I get that?

Pete

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Pete,

Can you attach ML605 license here to address your queries.

Thanks,
Vinay

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Here's the ML605 licence (I assume).

Pete

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Answer to your queries:

I can find the Virtex-6 Embedded Kit Licence. It is listed as expired on 21st April 2012. Is this for the ML605?
[Answer] Yes, the expiry date is for ML605 license.

Does that mean I can't use any recent releases to develop for it?
[Answer] You can use all the tools that are released before April 2012. The tools that are released after April 2012 cannot be used with this ML605 license.

How do I go about extending this?
[Answer] Contact your nearest Xilinx sales or distributor offices for purchasing a license.

Thanks,
Vinay
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

[Answer] You can use all the tools that are released before April 2012. The tools that are released after April 2012 cannot be used with this ML605 license.

Is there any way of extending this other than buying a full license? That's awfully expensive, but it seems silly to use older tools for the ML605 than I'm using for the XC702.

Also, how do I get a licence for my KC705? I can't find that on the Xilinx licensing web site.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

To get a license for KC705 board, you have to purchase KC705 board similar to ML605.

Thanks,
Vinay
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello Vinay,

I did buy a KC705 board -- I just can't find the licence anywhere on line.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

If you had purchased the KC705 board, you will receive a voucher and you need to redeem it for showing the license in your licensing account.

Thanks,
Vinay
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution
I thought I had redeemed the voucher, but I can't find the licence. I no longer have the packaging, so I no longer have the voucher. How can I get a new one?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Atleast do you have the purchase order?

Thanks,
Vinay
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Unfortunately not. I'm a consultant, and ordered it directly from Xilinx, and paid by credit card. I assumed that Xilinx would keep a copy of my order history, but I couldn't find it on line. I have sent a picture of my board.

IMG_0107.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Since you ordered through online, your order history is saved in "Orders" Tab.

Go to www.xilinx.com/getlicense webpage and click on "Orders" tab.

Thanks,

Vinay

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

I had already checked that, but it's not there. I can see my ML605 Embedded Kit order (4/21/2011) and my ZC702 order (12/10/2013), but my KC705 order (7/25/2012) doesn't appear there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hello Vinay,

I'm getting a bit frustrated by this process. It has been three days since I first enquired about my licensing problem, and over 24 hours since I last heard from you. I'm keen to start my Kintex project, but I can't do anything until my licence issue is resolved. Where are we in this process.

Thanks

Pete

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Did you order KC705 using the same account?
If it is the same account, fill the following form and customer support will contact you: http://www.xilinx.com/askx/customer_service_form.htm

Thanks,
Vinay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution
Thanks Vinay. Customer service replied very quickly, and resolved the issue.
0 Kudos