UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Vivado System Edition Floating license

Hi,

i am not able to open the service request, as the xilinx site says it will be taken for maintenance till 12.00 pm. after this time also i am not able to open the link it trying to connect to siebel service portal but not connecting.

We have purchased license with floating option - we are in the process of loading the license in to the server. may i please know what should be the operating system in the server which will be supported. As the Xilinx Design Tools: Installation and Licensing Guide simply says Windows. please help me by specifying which operating systems in windows are supported for the loading of the floating license.

Regards,

rajesh khanna

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado System Edition Floating license

Hello @rajeshkhanna,

If you are using Vivado Design Suite 2015.2, here is the list of supported Windows OS on server machine.

• Windows 7 and 7 SP1 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese.
• Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit), English/Japanese.

You can refer respective release notes of Vivado Design Suite which you are using. For 2015.2,

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf (page #9).

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your input. I have already gone though it. infact in my PC i am operating on windows 8.1. I wanted to know the OS supported on the server. since the lmtool application to be run on the server where the license will be mapped,from the FluxNet (License Administration Guide) it says the supported OS are Microsoft Windows (64-bit), Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 (Ultimate), Windows Vista (Ultimate). Since no where in xilinx document it is mentioned i want to get clarified. please go though the Xilinx Design Tools: Installation and Licensing Guide -> Floating License Installation on Servers. Organization's run server OS in the server normally i.e server 2003, server 2008 or server 2012. I think the document you are refering to is for installation of Xilinx Vivado 2015.2 (IDE).

Regards,

Rajesh khanna

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello Rajesh,

The operating systems that are mentioned in release notes of Vivado 2015.2 are tested with Xilinx licensing tools. 

I expect licensing tools to work with equivalent server OS as well since there were no much differences between OS.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My question is straight forward will it support windows server OS 2008 or 2012 in the server for running the lmtool (by Flexera Software LLC). Usually they operate server OS in the server not the windows client OS as it is limited to single user domain does not have capabilities to handle the multiple users.

Regards,

Rajesh khanna

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can refer to the following VIVADO licensing release notes for the Windows support:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

The list of operating systems supported for licensing can be found out at:

http://www.flexerasoftware.com/producer/products/software-monetization/flexnet-licensing/tab/requirements

Note that, Xilinx supports the same version of operating systems for servers that FLEXNET supports.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos