Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado System Edition License not found even with my own Voucher

Jump to solution

I Need an answer to a problem I faced when trying to use a Zybo FPGA...

I recently bought a Zybo FPGA with its Voucher to get the license of " Vivado System Edition" that allows me to use Vivado HLS Then I signed in , in the Xilinx website and downloaded the Vivado from the xilinx website with my own Xilinx account, then I installed Vivado System Edition and opened the Licence Manager to get my " Vivado System Edition " license with my own Voucher.

Voucher.pngThe problem is that when I use my voucher code, I don't get the " Vivado System Edition" in the list of licenses ... so what should I do to get the Vivado System Edition license ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Vivado System Edition License not found even with my own Voucher

Jump to solution

Hello @omar-xilinx,

This is an SDSoC voucher only and is not a Vivado System Edition License. 

The license that you have purchased and redeemed is the one in your list (Under the Created New Licenses tab) that is called "OEM SDSoC-Zynq Development Voucher". 

Based on this: https://www.xilinx.com/support/university/boards-portfolio/xup-boards/DigilentZYBO.html, here it can be seen that the ZYBO board featuring the XC7Z010T-1CLG400 All Programmable SoC.

From here: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/vivado-webpack.html, you can see that XC7Z010T is one of the Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC (XC7Z007S – XC7Z7030) devices. Therefore, you don't need any additional Vivado related licenses, as this device is supported by Vivado WebPACK license that is built into Vivado 2017.x (or 2016.x). 

Therefore, please generate your "OEM SDSoC-Zynq Development Voucher" licenses that can be used with your Zybo board.

Hope the above is clear.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@omar-xilinx

Are you sure you received Vivado Design Suite voucher with the kit and not SDSoC voucher?

Can you please share the voucher snapshot and snapshot of Orders tab (www.xilinx.com/getlicense) in Private Message so that we can take a look?

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @omar-xilinx,

Based on https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/bk-keyword-search.html?type=boardskits&analytics=Boards-and-Kits&searchKeywords=Zybo+FPGA, I don't see any information stating that these kits come with a device locked Vivado System Edition license. Therefore, no Vouchers are/should be shipped with this Kit. 

What device is targeted on this board? Perhaps it is one of the smaller Zynq devices that is supported by Vivado WebPack (https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/vivado-webpack.html) (XC7Z007S – XC7Z7030). If so, then you don't need an additional Vivado license, as Vivado WebPACK license (which is not built in the Vivado installation) will cover this and you will be able to Synthesis, Implement and generate bitstream targeting this small Zynq device in Vivado.

In relation to Vivado HLS, please note that you can obtain Vivado HLS 30-days evaluation license for this.

Anyhow, if you do have a valid voucher , as indicated by @nupurs, please send us a screenshot of this voucher for examination. You can send this via the private messaging.

We can then check this and contact Xilinx Customer Service team and they can double check this voucher and see why this is not working for you.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
Ok, I just sent you my Voucher in private msg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Ok, I just sent it in private message

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
I think that I should check the type of Voucher that Digilent sold me
I think that they sell a SDSoc Voucher not a Vivado Design suite Voucher
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @omar-xilinx,

This is an SDSoC voucher only and is not a Vivado System Edition License. 

The license that you have purchased and redeemed is the one in your list (Under the Created New Licenses tab) that is called "OEM SDSoC-Zynq Development Voucher". 

Based on this: https://www.xilinx.com/support/university/boards-portfolio/xup-boards/DigilentZYBO.html, here it can be seen that the ZYBO board featuring the XC7Z010T-1CLG400 All Programmable SoC.

From here: https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/vivado-webpack.html, you can see that XC7Z010T is one of the Zynq®-7000 All Programmable SoC (XC7Z007S – XC7Z7030) devices. Therefore, you don't need any additional Vivado related licenses, as this device is supported by Vivado WebPACK license that is built into Vivado 2017.x (or 2016.x). 

Therefore, please generate your "OEM SDSoC-Zynq Development Voucher" licenses that can be used with your Zybo board.

Hope the above is clear.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello @anatoli and @nupurs

Thank you for helping me,

I finally generated the "OEM SDSoC-Zynq Development Voucher" license and get it in my e-mail, then loaded it using Vivado License Manager, and get only these options (SDk, SD-SoC tools, Simulation ...) , so no bitstream generator and no Vivado HLS.

Licences proposées par SDSoc Voucher.png

So, it should be mentionned on the Digilent site when selling thein SDSoC Voucher  for Zybo that we need to get the  Vivado System Edition License in order to use all the Vivado product options.

Now, how could I buy a  Vivado System Edition License ? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @omar-xilinx,

Are you targeting XC7Z010T device in your design? If so, no additional Vivado license is needed in order to be able to generate bitstream.

However, if your concern is in relation to Vivado HLS, then yes, you'd need a HLS license for this.

There is Vivado HLS Evaluation license available for you to obtain and you can use this for 30 days while you are trying to obtain a full Vivado HLS license.

I also believe that you can buy a standalone Vivado HLS license, that you can use with your current license and that way you'd avoid needing to buy a full Vivado System Edition license, which would cost you much more money in comparison to a standalone Vivado HLS license. Anyhow, about the price of a standalone Vivado HLS license, you'd need to talk to your local Authorized Distributor to assist you with this query, as they would have all the prices for all of the licenses and will also help you on how/where to obtain/order this license from.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli Curran,

Xilinx Technical Support

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos