Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Vivado won't open IP product guides

Jump to solution

Vivado version: 2017.4

hello,

When I click in Vivado Documentation -> Product Guide, nothing happens.  This is working fine in Windows, but it doesn't in Ubuntu. I wonder if that has to do with the commands used by the software? There is no indication of what could be the problem.

The first time I clicked on Product Guide DocNav opened in order to update the outdated files. I updated then closed it. Now when I click on Product Guide nothing happens. I have this problem since I installed the software.

Has someone experienced similar problem? Could you tell me which command is used in Vivado to open the file so I can trace the problem?

thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

replacing the libraries solves the problem:

sudo ln -vsf --backup=simple --suffix=orig -t /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/ids_lite/ISE/lib/lin64/ /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

1. license and environment variables are installed correctly
2. DocNav had been installed on the system
3. DocNav is in the path and can be run

I noticed now, for it to work I need to open DocNav first.

When I launch DocNav from the command line I get the following error:

docnav 

ERROR: Socket server not listening. QLocalServer::listen: Address in use

Restart of the local socket server was successful. 
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method

the followining post is related to the issue: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/Vivado-won-t-open-IP-product-guides/td-p/724766

it suggests to rename libstdc++ but the location has changed in the Vivado installation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Try running DocNav from a terminal, after setting up the Xilinx environment by calling settings64.sh first.    Do you get this error message?

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40807)
     with this library (version 0x40806)

If so, then moving the QT libraries out of the DocNav directory can fix the problem (I had this issue on my Ubuntu 16.04 system recently).

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@jmcclusk,

when I souce the Xilinx environment, then run DocNav from a terminal, I get the following output:

user@machine:~$ docnav 

ERROR: Socket server not listening. QLocalServer::listen: Address in use

QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_client_method
QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSLv2_server_method
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Vivado provides the following output in the terminal when I try to open the documentation:

QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Connection refused
/opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/ids_lite/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libproxy.so.1)
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so
/usr/lib/firefox/firefox: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/ids_lite/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.10' not found (required by /usr/lib/firefox/firefox)
/usr/lib/firefox/firefox: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/ids_lite/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/firefox/firefox)
/usr/lib/firefox/firefox: /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/ids_lite/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/firefox/firefox)

The messages are alternating, I am getting either the first message or the 2nd. The libraries are installed on my system. It looks like the libstdc++ provided with the application is incompatible with some non-provided libraries.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

replacing the libraries solves the problem:

sudo ln -vsf --backup=simple --suffix=orig -t /opt/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/ids_lite/ISE/lib/lin64/ /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so. 

View solution in original post