UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor santosej
Visitor

Vivado wont open after update

Windows updated (I believe to the fall creators edition) this morning & now I cannot open xilinx. I am getting an error message of: 

C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.3/vivado.bat':Launcher%20time%20out

I saw the fix of changing the "-vg" file to the ".exe" file and the original execute to a backup. This did not work for me. 

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: Vivado wont open after update

Hi @santosej

Please refer the following AR#69908.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69908.html

Thank you

Best regards,

Visitor santosej
Visitor

As stated in my previous post, I have already attempted this repair & it did not work.
0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Hi @santosej

Could you confirm status of anti virus program and environment setting on windows (refer settings64.bat) ?

0 Kudos

Hi @santosej,

Try invoking the cmd and run vivado.bat from it to see how you can overcome this.

Example: tcl mode - cd to path and vivado -mode tcl > start_gui or batch mode (where source is necessary) vivado -mode batch -source somestart.tcl.

But as you already have read the AR#69908, I am afraid there is another fix for tool run in unsupported 'falls creators' update while you had no issues prior installing this.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give 'Kudos' to a post which you think is useful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Visitor santosej
Visitor

I have currently disabled the anti-virus in order to eliminate it as a cause & am running 64 bit windows 10

0 Kudos

Hello @santosej,

Please try running “winver” in a command prompt and that will tell what version of the OS you are using. Is it Win 10 1709?

Without changing the "-vg" file to the ".exe" file and the original execute to a backup (so revert back to the original executable), what error do you see then? Something like this:

Runtime Error!

Program: C...

R6025 

- pure virtual function call

The Vivado.bat file calls a launcher.bat file which monitors the launching of the Vivado executable.

If the Vivado executable has not opened after two minutes, the launcher will time out and issue the this error:

Error when launching 'C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.3\.\bin\vivado.bat': Launcher time out

However, based on the error message you have shared, i.e.

C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.3/vivado.bat':Launcher%20time%20out

in your case vivado.bat is getting called out from the "...\Vivado\2017.3" location rather than from the Vivado\2017.3\bin location, as this is an actual location of vivado.bat.

In order to find out what is actually going wrong in this case, you should first open a command window and then navigate to C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.3 and first run settings64.bat from this location. Then cd to Vivado\2017.3\bin and from here run vivado.bat from the command window.

This will provide more information about what is being run and where the launch fails.

If you have any questions on the above, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos