UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

WebPACK and ILA?

Accepted Solution Solved
Participant
Accepted Solution

WebPACK and ILA?

I'm using a WebPACK license with my Zedboard. If I include an ILA IP in my design I get:

ERROR: [Chipscope 16-111] License check failed for Vivado Analyzer feature - aborting debug core implementation...

Does this mean that the ILA IP can not be used with WebPACK?

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: WebPACK and ILA?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Yes,Webpack License will not contain Vivado Logic Analyzer feature.

See below snapshot.This feature is avaible with Design Edition, System Edition licenses which you need purchase.

You can also use 30-days evaluation license (free license which will be valid for only 30 days) to use Vivado Logic Analyzer.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,
Manusha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many issues might be already discussed in forums and documented in Answer Records. Do a Google and Xilinx forum search before posting the query.
Visit www.xilinx.com -> Documentation for any Xilinx Products Documents.
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful so that it will help the other forum users to directly refer to the answer.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies
Xilinx Employee

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Yes,Webpack License will not contain Vivado Logic Analyzer feature.

See below snapshot.This feature is avaible with Design Edition, System Edition licenses which you need purchase.

You can also use 30-days evaluation license (free license which will be valid for only 30 days) to use Vivado Logic Analyzer.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,
Manusha

Many issues might be already discussed in forums and documented in Answer Records. Do a Google and Xilinx forum search before posting the query.
Visit www.xilinx.com -> Documentation for any Xilinx Products Documents.
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful so that it will help the other forum users to directly refer to the answer.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

[ Edited ]

HI

Webpack license doesn't include license for debug cores.

If you want to use debug cores in your design,use 30 day evaluation license or buy full license.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

Hi,

You need to have evaluation or purchased license with you to use ILA.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Participant

This should be clearly stated on the low end development kits marketing material as they are pretty useless without it, especially in the area of the Zynq where you can't simulate the full system. I would expect that Xilinx would like to educate designers on how to use Vivado Debug.

Altera include SignalTap II in their Quartus II Web edition as long as talkback is enabled.