UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Webpack license for Vivado

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have used Vivado 2017.3 earlier with Webpack license but now I need to change to Vivado 2018. I am facing some issues in upgrading Vivado 2017 to Vivado 2018. I am not able to open/run Xilinx Information Center to upgrade to Vivado 2018 or uninstall Vivado 2017 because license is changed to certificate based.

I have following questions regarding removing and new Vivado installation and license.
Q1: Which command in CMD I need to run to uninstall Vivado 2017 in Window 8 ? The following in CMD has only option to upgrade and add more features. I don't find uninstall option.  

\.xinstall\Vivado_2017.3\ xsetup.exe –uninstall

Q2: Is it possible to have Vivado 2018 on two PCs activated with Webpack license ?
Q3: Which latest version of Vivado is supported by windows 10.0 ?
Q4: My Webpack license is change to certificate based license. I have found ISE Webpack license when I login to the license page but I don't find "Vivado HL WebPack" license. How to get Vivado HL Webpack again ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Webpack license for Vivado

Jump to solution

Q1: Try "\.xinstall\Vivado_2017.3\xuninstall.exe -Uninstall". 

Q2 & Q4: Starting from Vivado 2016.x, a license is no longer required for WebPACK.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42066.html

Q3: Vivado 2018.3 is supported on Windows 10.0. You may refer to UG973 for OS support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Q1: Try "\.xinstall\Vivado_2017.3\xuninstall.exe -Uninstall". 

Q2 & Q4: Starting from Vivado 2016.x, a license is no longer required for WebPACK.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/42066.html

Q3: Vivado 2018.3 is supported on Windows 10.0. You may refer to UG973 for OS support.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution
Hi,

The license manager shows only ISE Webpack and not Vivado Webpack. This is bit confusing. Although ISE Webpack license works for Vivado as well.

Page 15 of UG973 says that "Generate a WebPACK™ tool license that enables WebPACK features in both ISE and Vivado"

Kindly do this correction in license manager tool. It should show both ISE and Vivado for Webpack license.
0 Kudos