Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diho
Visitor
Visitor

Where to file Vitis/Vivado bug reports

Jump to solution

Hi,

I found two bugs in Vitis/Vivado. For one I found (not good) work around in forum, for the other one I had to re-organize my whole workspace. Both are obviously there for years.
Currently I'm working with the free "Web-License" for evaluation on Windows and Linux.
Is the maintenance of the free versions the same as for production licenses ?
The problems are acceptable for a free tool, but I would have problems when using that software
on a productive system.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
diho
Visitor
Visitor

I'm runnig Ubuntu 20.04 and Vivado 2020.2.
I don't consider the AR#51331 as good solution. I spent days to find the problem and I think, that many more users have this problem.
It's only a (very old) patch and I expect that this will be fixed.
Maybe I must explain myself. I'm engineer in a German Car company. Of course, we display the speed in kilometers per hour - the ISO standard.
Some crazy people stick to the medival miles or drive on the wrong side of the road. Would you accept a sticker on the instrument to translate kilometers to miles or having the steering wheel on the wrong side ?
So I expect that a professional software runs in an localized environment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @diho 

Please raise a Vitis bug issue on Vitis forums so that the right community members answer your query to help you pass this issue.

If this bug issue is related to install/licensing, kindly elaborate here or close this thread by accepting it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

0 Kudos
diho
Visitor
Visitor
0 Kudos
diho
Visitor
Visitor

This is the my other problem.
I cannot run Vivado on a Ubuntu with German localization.
The workaround works .. somehow, but how long ?
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51331.html

0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @diho 

If the AR#51331 workaround works for you, then you are good to proceed with your development, let us know if you face any issues during the Vivado flow, we will be glad to discuss them with you.

Which Vivado version are you using? On which Unbuntu version Vivado is installed?

I suspect with AR's WA you have managed to pass this issue, kindly close this thread if you don't need any further assistance on this topic.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

0 Kudos
diho
Visitor
Visitor

I'm runnig Ubuntu 20.04 and Vivado 2020.2.
I don't consider the AR#51331 as good solution. I spent days to find the problem and I think, that many more users have this problem.
It's only a (very old) patch and I expect that this will be fixed.
Maybe I must explain myself. I'm engineer in a German Car company. Of course, we display the speed in kilometers per hour - the ISO standard.
Some crazy people stick to the medival miles or drive on the wrong side of the road. Would you accept a sticker on the instrument to translate kilometers to miles or having the steering wheel on the wrong side ?
So I expect that a professional software runs in an localized environment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos