cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newport_j
Adventurer
Adventurer

Why am I getting this error when I boot up Windows 10 Pro?

Jump to solution

I am not sure where to put this question so I guess, here is as good a place as any.

I installed Vivado Webpack 2017.4 on my WINDOWS 10 Professional OS on my laptop

computer. everything worked, but for some reason I uninstalled it and re-installed it.

Again everything seemed to work. Except now when I boot up Windows 10 Professional, I get the following screen (see attached image) at the end of the boot for no reason that I can tell.

It is annoying, and I would like to get rid of it.

My question is how do I do that?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Newport_j

Capture11.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zyanwu
Observer
Observer

Right click on your Task Bar -> Task Manager -> Startup -> xic.exe -> Right click -> Disable.

Let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

aaa.png
9 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Can you try something like ccleaner 

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
newport_j
Adventurer
Adventurer

I will but do you think it will work? I very reluctant to just download software from the internet and see what happens. Even one as famed as ccleaner.

The command for creating that has to be somewhere in the boot up sequence. If I just knew where I would change a line or two and be done with it. 

Respectfully,

Newport_j

0 Kudos
zyanwu
Observer
Observer

Right click on your Task Bar -> Task Manager -> Startup -> xic.exe -> Right click -> Disable.

Let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

aaa.png

@newport_j

xic.exe is software that comes with Vivado. It is automatically launched when you boot your Windows computer and thereafter sends you lots of “friendly” information from Xilinx (eg. software update notifications).  On a WIN10 machine you can go the “Startup Tasks” and “turn off” xic.exe to prevent it from launching next time you reboot your computer.

Startup2.jpg

Mark

newport_j
Adventurer
Adventurer

I will try as you said to do. I will get back to you. It may take awhile, since I have to go many boot ups to see if this is really stopped it.

Thanks for you help.

Respectfully,

newport_j

0 Kudos
newport_j
Adventurer
Adventurer

It seems to have fixed the problem. At least I am not getting any of the errors that I mentioned at the top of this post.

Thank you very much.

Respectfully,

Newport_j

0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

what did you have to do to fix it ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
newport_j
Adventurer
Adventurer

In post 4 of this thread, it is explained. This will stop the pop-up error.

R,'=

newport_j

anatoli

Hello @newport_j,

As your issue is now resolved, to close this forum topic, can you please mark a response that resolved your issue, as Accepted Solution, so that the topic can be completed then. Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos