Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LakshyaLalora
Visitor
Visitor

Why is not completing ?

Jump to solution

Screenshot 2021-03-08 144733.png

It's my 3rd try installation is not moving further I have to reinstall because I was getting Visual C++ 2008 redistributed I already Have it installed and also repaired it many times still ISE didn't load up. I already have 2012 C++ so I don't know why it's asking for 2008 version I am using 14.7_1015_1 in Windows 10 Single Lang I have decent RAM of 8 GB and 4GB GPU. What should I do to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @lakshalalora

I get the same when I try to go to that link also

looks like a web site "improvement" over the weekend,. 

this a link that works ( for me !! )

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html

Anyway,

ISE and W10 are strange bed companions.

Xilinx decided not to support ISE on anything above Windows 7, 

Whish was real pain, as most universities / colleges had invested heavily in Xilinx ISE gear, and were left high and dry.

Anyway,

ISe install on W10 is relatively painless, 

if

a) you have a clean W10 install

b) you follow the instructions 110 % 

So the DrJohnSmith way to install ISE on W10.

a) If you have had "problems" before, ensure you un install all previous attempts, at least run a register cleaner, and preferable a W10 clean up install. 

b) Download the latest Oracal Virtual Box software

https://www.oracle.com/uk/virtualization/technologies/vm/downloads/virtualbox-downloads.html

c) install as admin the VM, run it, and ensure you can make a virtual machine, If not, Do not proceed, talk to Oracle

d) Down load the Xilinx ISE FOR WINDOWS 10,   not the "standard" ISE 14.7, that is for Windows 7 

e) install ISE as admin, ensure you note where the shared folder is located when asked, if you forget its a REAL pain 

when asked , say use the installed oracla VM ( it will probably be a newer version you have installed, thats not a problem )

f) double click the ISE icon on the desktop, and all should be good.

Re the VM version. Xilinx have only tested with one version of the Oracla VM, the one at the time they packaged up ISE.

The "problem" I have seen, is that W10 has moved on since then, and the old VM is not as reliable as the new ones. 

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

5 Replies
joancab
Advisor
Advisor

ISE is a veteran product. There is a special release for Windows 10 that I assume you are using.

The "latest" doesn't always equals "the most appropriate". If that ISE wants some 2008 redistribution, well, that would be for a reason.

kdeshwal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @LakshyaLalora ,

Take a look at AR#62380 - https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html
I believe it will help.

Thanks,
Kuldeep

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudo and Accept as a Solution if solution provided seems helpful.
Have a look at our Versal Design Process Hub, Versal Blogs and the Versal Forum Useful Resources
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
LakshyaLalora
Visitor
Visitor

Link isn't opening at all 

This error message I am getting

Screenshot 2021-04-12 135032.png
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @lakshalalora

I get the same when I try to go to that link also

looks like a web site "improvement" over the weekend,. 

this a link that works ( for me !! )

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html

Anyway,

ISE and W10 are strange bed companions.

Xilinx decided not to support ISE on anything above Windows 7, 

Whish was real pain, as most universities / colleges had invested heavily in Xilinx ISE gear, and were left high and dry.

Anyway,

ISe install on W10 is relatively painless, 

if

a) you have a clean W10 install

b) you follow the instructions 110 % 

So the DrJohnSmith way to install ISE on W10.

a) If you have had "problems" before, ensure you un install all previous attempts, at least run a register cleaner, and preferable a W10 clean up install. 

b) Download the latest Oracal Virtual Box software

https://www.oracle.com/uk/virtualization/technologies/vm/downloads/virtualbox-downloads.html

c) install as admin the VM, run it, and ensure you can make a virtual machine, If not, Do not proceed, talk to Oracle

d) Down load the Xilinx ISE FOR WINDOWS 10,   not the "standard" ISE 14.7, that is for Windows 7 

e) install ISE as admin, ensure you note where the shared folder is located when asked, if you forget its a REAL pain 

when asked , say use the installed oracla VM ( it will probably be a newer version you have installed, thats not a problem )

f) double click the ISE icon on the desktop, and all should be good.

Re the VM version. Xilinx have only tested with one version of the Oracla VM, the one at the time they packaged up ISE.

The "problem" I have seen, is that W10 has moved on since then, and the old VM is not as reliable as the new ones. 

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

joancab
Advisor
Advisor

"ISE and W10 are strange bed companions"

Please, please, please, don't allow them to reproduce. I have enough headaches with Vitis.

0 Kudos