Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Windows license server - computer name change

Jump to solution

I had a Vivado floating license server running properly on a Windows 7 machine. However, our IT department changed the Computer Name of this computer in order to comply with a standard naming convention they have established as a policy for our building. Now my licese server does not start up properly. The log file says this:

14:53:59 (lmgrd) "U7SMITH1234": Not a valid server hostname, exiting.
14:53:59 (lmgrd) Valid license server system hosts are: "W7-Smith"

What do I need to do to get the license server working again?

If necessary, I think I can change this PC back to the old Computer Name temporially.

Also, support for my license recently expired, but according to the email I received "you may continue to use your current product version beyond the license subscription end date indefinitely, you will not have access to new product versions as they become available." So, I don't think that will be an issue

Regards,

Greg 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Windows license server - computer name change

Jump to solution

After spending quite a while working on this, I finally have it working. Returning the license and re-activating it did not solve the problem. The answer turned out to be quite simple. Just edit Xilinx_Server..lic (or whatever name you call your file) and change the host name to the new computer name. I wish I had known it was something that simple.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hi @gregn928,

You can return the licenses and regenerate for new server.
If it is activation based follow the steps mentioned here:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/60525.html
If it is certificate based, follow steps mentioned here:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html
Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @gregn928

Check this answer record on your query about expiry: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/34097.html

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

After spending quite a while working on this, I finally have it working. Returning the license and re-activating it did not solve the problem. The answer turned out to be quite simple. Just edit Xilinx_Server..lic (or whatever name you call your file) and change the host name to the new computer name. I wish I had known it was something that simple.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @gregn928

Glad that the issue was solved.

Please close the thread by marking the correct post as "Accept as Solution"

Thanks,

Vinay

Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos