Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

XPS Licensing for Webpack ISE 14.5

Hi,

I'm revisiting  an old design to make some changes and I am experiencing licensing issues. I've read on this forum that you can only use EDK on the Zynq 7010, 20 and 30 devices with a webpack license. My design is on a Spartan-6. My system license is now expired. Will I have to buy a new one to reopen my design and tinker with it?

This is the error I get when I try to synthesise:

ERROR:EDK - INFO:Security:71 - If a license for part 'xc6slx45' is available, it
   will be possible to use 'XPS_TDP' instead of 'XPS'.
   INFO:Security:60 - The XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is set to
   'C:\Xilinx\Xilinx.lic'.
   INFO:Security:62 - The LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is set to
   'C:\Xilinx\Xilinx.lic'.
   INFO:Security:68 - For more information or for assistance in obtaining
   ERROR:Security:12 - No 'xc6slx45' feature version 2013.03 was available (-5),
ERROR:EDK:440 - platgen failed with errors!
ERROR:EDK - 
   Error while running "make -f EDK_V1_1.make netlist".
ERROR: synthesizing XPS module failed!

Thanks all.

Al.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Can you attach your expired license file here?

We will check and let you know which ISE/EDK version of tools can be used without license error.

Thanks,
Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

You can check available features in xinfo file.

Run “xinfo” command in ISE Tcl-shell to generate xinfo.txt file.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos