UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor yangqiang_j
Visitor

Xilinx IP Core license

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding Xilinx IP Core license. Currently I'm using a ML605 (Virtex-6) as my I/O controller for features such as data acquisition and control of external devices. I have been taking advantage of Xilinx IP cores such as BlockRAM and PCIe (xapp1052) which makes my work so efficient. Honestly, the PCIe and BlockRAM are pretty much my dominant use of this ML605. I'm thinking of getting a Virtex-6 FPGA chip and putting together DAC, ADC in a single PCB. This is probably not horribly hard thanks to Xilinx open sources for ML605 schematics.

Now the question is, can I still use Xilinx PCIe IP core and xapp1052 if I draw my own PCB with a Virtex-6 FPGA chip? Many thanks in advance.

-John

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Xilinx IP Core license

Jump to solution

hi @yangqiang_j.

Yes your right .

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @yangqiang_j,

I believe and assume you would like know that  whether you use PCIe IP core on FPGA using ISE ,yes you can use on single die FPGA  now coming down to xapp1052 you cannot use the xapp1052 files since the files are designed for specific boards.

Chandra

Keep conversing, give Kudos and Accept Solution when you get one

Regards
Chandra sekhar
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi @yangqiang_j,

As long as the Vivado has the valid licenses you can use the PCIe IP .

if you have any more queries please let me know , if not please close this thread.

Chandra  

Regards
Chandra sekhar

0 Kudos
Visitor yangqiang_j
Visitor

Jump to solution

Chandra,

Great thanks for the information. So I guess I have to write my own PCIe Tx/Rx machine for data communication between device and host PC, if I build my own FPGA board, although I can still use Xilinx PCIe IP core for the chip.

John

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi @yangqiang_j.

Yes your right .

Regards
Chandra sekhar

0 Kudos