cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhamond987

Xilinx ISE Error: Map:258 & License Manager XLCM trouble

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have recently installed the Xilinx ISE in order to carry out the startup tutorial: Creating a Project. After attempting to generate the solution, I received an error message: "Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this architecture." I also receive a variation on this error any time I launch the Xilinx ISE. After seeing some related posts on this topic, I was able to successfully obtain my Webpack ISE license file.

The trouble is, I am still not able to avoid the Map:258 error, or this warning message at startup:
A license was not found for the 'ISE' feature. Typical causes for this error are either that there is no license file found or that license files, which were found, do not contain an unexpired license with the required feature. The Xilinx License Configuration Manager (XLCM) will be launched to assist you with location or obtaining a license file."
At this point my hourglass cursor appears, but no such XLCM application appears. Attempting to use Help --> Manage License also has no effect.

What's going on? Is there a problem with my XLCM application? Do I need to move my .lic file to someplace else per this thread? Or is it something else? Finally, since I am running Windows 10 (64-bit) I want to ask: could this be related to the PlanAhead trouble linked to the Windows 10 Creators update?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prathikm

Hi @jhamond987,

Regarding the xlcm problem, we have seen such issues with ISE tools before when used in Win10 (any version). One suggestion is to test it in supported OS platform - AR#18419. Webpack should be for any host so maybe you can try to save license in c:/.xilinx/ path (in supported OS) and tool should pick license. Supported devices for Webpack -list.

Thanks

Prathik

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
prathikm

Hi @jhamond987,

Regarding the xlcm problem, we have seen such issues with ISE tools before when used in Win10 (any version). One suggestion is to test it in supported OS platform - AR#18419. Webpack should be for any host so maybe you can try to save license in c:/.xilinx/ path (in supported OS) and tool should pick license. Supported devices for Webpack -list.

Thanks

Prathik

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and mark the appropriate post as 'accept as solution'.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos