cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Xilinx ISE installation problem on windows8 Release Preview

I had tried installing all the versions of Xilinx ISE as administrator on my windows8 release preview system .

I have Run this program in compatibility mode for  Windows 7 operating system,Windows8 supports compatibility mode of windows7,the same is working on XP and Win7.

error shown: setup.exe has stopped working.
                         windows will find it out soon

I have consulted Microsoft reg the same, they suggested to contact Xilinx.

is'nt xilinx compatible for windows8 RP?

xilinx.png
0 Kudos
65 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi rushabh@

You can save and extract the .zip file at any location. After extracting the files, run the .bat provided.

Note: Make sure you installed the ISE in the following location: C:\Xilinx\14.7\...

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi vinay

vuppla@

I have installed and run that batch file but it gives me error as given below in image

xilinx.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi rushabh@

In which location did you install ISE? Isn't it C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\... ???

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi  Vinay,

Yaa i copied it in same location but still it is not working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I have a problem with XPS. I am using Windows 10. I have no problem with other ISE tools. But when I am working with XPS whenever I want to open a file or project it will exit XPS. For example I have to enter the name and address of the project by writing the path. If I click on browse then the whole XPS will be shut down. Even for adding a user IP I have this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

THANK YOU. 

0 Kudos